Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Anyone have a Kama Pattern?

• 20 Replies
Re: Anyone have a Kama Pattern?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 07, 2010, 07:25 PM »
I sewed off some trangles in the back / sides of the belt-line . Probably more comfortable for the ladies if the thing sits on the natural waist level.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #16 on: Sep 06, 2010, 04:00 PM »
Good will  and other places have great deals, especiallly in denham springs, la and walker, la. i grabbed a leather dress  that was 2x aka, super big... now i can make  a  kama and covers for my boots

A warrior considers himself already dead, so there is nothing to lose. The worst has already happened to him, therefore he's clear and calm; judging him by his acts or by his words, one would never suspect that he has witnessed everything.

Aayhan be Akaan

• We'll have to go to... LUDICROUS SPEED!!!
« Reply #17 on: Sep 23, 2010, 05:23 PM »
I was in Joann's Fabrics and I snatched a skirt pattern that looked easily modifiable, along with some faux leather and felt (for lining), so that's where I'm going for my first try with a kama...

One question though: Can they be decorative, as in not just a flat color, not so "plain"?
Like as in a pattern, be it flashy or subtle...?

-AA

Armor - 40%
Main hand weapon - 100%
Off hand weapon - 40%
Soft parts - 30%
Bucket - 11%

[/u
« Reply #18 on: Oct 03, 2010, 07:30 AM »
Well one shouldn't use a rag of grandma's rose-patterned bedsheets for kama, but multicolored versions exist. Patched from two kinds of fabric, a flashy trim or lining... keep in mind that the Kama's original pupose is to protect the back of the legs, even against the exhaust of a jet-pack. While it certainly has a dressy air, the functional aspect shouldn't be dropped completely.

For example, I did some embroidery on my kama lately, but the thread is heavy duty / plastic ribbon and the purpose is to have loops to hook sheaths and holster to it.

The fixing concept was originally ment to go with my chain mail kama which naturally has plenty of rings to fix stuff. That one has an arrow design of black and silver rings to provide some distance of the medival realm. It looks and sounds great, but it's too heavy to wear all the time on multi-day events. I'm glad I have a choice now.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #19 on: Oct 04, 2010, 05:05 PM »
Well one shouldn't use a rag of grandma's rose-patterned bedsheets for kama,

Aw man! Looks like I need to start over on mine!  :o

;)

Ven Kyrad

• I'm not mean. I just get paid to do mean things.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: Oct 05, 2010, 10:39 AM »
For my kama, I just bought a black  leather skirt from a thrift store and cut the back zipper section out of the back and put light grey trim on it and Bam! Instant leather kama for under $10.

Cat #353
E.M.T.S #84

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!