Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Leather Belt Help

• 1 Replies

Voss626

• AR-5415
Leather Belt Help
« on: Mar 04, 2010, 09:10 PM »
I'm looking to do a Pre Vizsla style leather girth belt. I thought about using a weightlifting belt but they all seem to taper too much from front to back or have a ton of holes punched in them that might be tough to disguise.

Anyone have any suggestions or a leather source for a straight leather belt about 5" wide?

Thanks

"You can run, but you'll only die tired."
―Boba Fett
Deathwatch Supercommando Build -  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=64121.0
Re: Leather Belt Help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2010, 09:27 PM »
Voss, the pre-vizsla style belt is not wholly leather. IF ti were,. you could not move... 5" of striaght leather all the way wrapped would be unberably comfy.

My advice is to use a fabric wrap and about a 2.5" belt centered on it. If you want the leather look, go with a dark chocolate suede or such. But straight leather, with everything else, will be VERY costly and not very comfy!!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!