Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WhiteCrow1's New Soft Parts Progress

• 81 Replies

whitecrow1

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
WhiteCrow1's New Soft Parts Progress
« on: Mar 09, 2010, 08:48 PM »
in this thread i will be posting progress of my new soft parts. here are a few of hte lower half to start.

this is the whole lower half, under shirt, and my m-dsb mercenary bucket.

here is a pic of just my boots. I will be adding heel armor which will cover the inlayed logo on the boot...to armor to fill out the front a bit...and some shin plates most likely. These double strap boots are pretty sick

here is a nice little crotch shot of my pants and thigh pouches...i will not be doing belly pouches due to restriction of movement so these help fill the void.

I will have more updates when i finish making and gathering the soft parts for my upper half.

"shoulders...you got 'em, I shot 'em"
Re: WhiteCrow1's New Soft Parts Progress
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2010, 08:55 PM »
You cut a pretty mean stance and I LOVE those boots! 

"The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote: 'A flute with no holes is not a flute...and a donut with no holes is a danish.' He was a funny guy." --Ty Webb CADDYSHACK

whitecrow1

« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2010, 08:58 PM »
those are Xelements Advanced Dual Strap...they were pretty expensive but oh well lol

Dar Kyram

• Kyr'bes'alor
  • Mini-Mack the Mando MacNugget
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Will the holsters get in your way for thigh pads or you gonna go lighter Mando and just forgo them in light of the bigger holster pouches?

I'm Official Merc Member 220!

Gooble gooble gooble!

whitecrow1

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2010, 09:07 PM »
much lighter weight...im denying a lot of the typical stuff to adjust for mobility this time...after last years cramps i learned my lesson lol

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2010, 09:08 PM »
those are Xelements Advanced Dual Strap...they were pretty expensive but oh well lol

But I'd say they're worth it they look awesome ner vod.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2010, 09:16 PM »
After I posted I noticed your other thread and the link to the boots.  $90 doesn't seem too bad for a tough pair of leather boots and the fact that they have an already armored look to them is a bonus.  They are actually kind of like Darth Mauls if you think about it (now THOOSE are an expensive pair of boots!).

"The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote: 'A flute with no holes is not a flute...and a donut with no holes is a danish.' He was a funny guy." --Ty Webb CADDYSHACK

Prudii Vok'Chi

• Official Number 0014
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2010, 08:45 AM »
Where did you get those pants?

whitecrow1

« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2010, 02:13 PM »
Where did you get those pants?

xelements cordura/leather racing pants. if you plan on getting some, they run small get at least one size up from what you where for a snug fit.

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2010, 05:48 PM »
Those are awesome looking. Are you planning on at least adding knee plates or shin armor? Those pants have a lot going on, but I don't think the top of the suit will look connected to the bottom unless you have some sort of plate down there.

~

whitecrow1

« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Those are awesome looking. Are you planning on at least adding knee plates or shin armor? Those pants have a lot going on, but I don't think the top of the suit will look connected to the bottom unless you have some sort of plate down there.

yeah this is just for the soft parts though...i have shin/heal/toe armor, knee pads and a special cod to go down there. compared to my other setup and most other people's kits im going for lightweight mobility and sleek design. I actually purchased the same material used in the lower half for the upper half which i have been working on getting to match.

Dar Kyram

• Kyr'bes'alor
  • Mini-Mack the Mando MacNugget
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2010, 09:28 PM »
 :rolleyes:

We nag you about knee pads before, and you go and make an armor that replaces thigh pads for knee pads. Way to go hero.

I'm Official Merc Member 220!

Gooble gooble gooble!

whitecrow1

« Reply #12 on: Mar 10, 2010, 09:32 PM »
im not even going full shin pads...just something to add to the front of the boot because they seem a little bland

whitecrow1

« Reply #13 on: Apr 11, 2010, 04:04 AM »
as i regret not working on it sooner, here is the flak vest i took forever and a half to make

There was a lot of detail work that went into it, not necessarily for looks, but for comfort and flexibility. this is probably the most flexible flak vest created lolol. it is also made out of 600den cordura balistic fabric...aka its pretty much never going to rip. this design came out perfect. the side flaps wrap around to the belly and zip with 3 flex points. the front shell folds down and links onto a couple more flex points on the side and there is a flex point in each shoulder. this gives it EXTREME mobility and holds to the body snug no matter what i am wearing under it

i will take a video of it to show the true flexibility.

M-Psy

• The Mando Paparazzi
« Reply #14 on: Apr 11, 2010, 04:56 AM »
Dude!  Very nice!  Really like that vest!

THERE!!! I CHANGED IT TO M-PSY!!!

whitecrow1

« Reply #15 on: Apr 11, 2010, 10:43 PM »

here is a great look at my new design

« Reply #16 on: Apr 12, 2010, 12:02 AM »
Those soft parts look killer!  What kind of top is that in the second part of the video? 

« Reply #17 on: Apr 12, 2010, 12:21 AM »
Very nice! Did you make this vest of *doom* yourself?! If so, mind if I ask a few questions?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #18 on: Apr 12, 2010, 12:33 AM »
I sooo want that vest now ner vod haha.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

whitecrow1

« Reply #19 on: Apr 12, 2010, 01:06 AM »
to ijaat: yup...a few months of planning and only a few days of actual work on it...ask away lol

to drak: i wish i had the time to make more of these, otherwise i'd sell them. the materials i use are not cheap either...a good majority of it is made from cordura which is used in most tactical vests/equipment today.

to ke'pare: the top half of a flightsuit i picked up at an army/navy surplus store (well it was a whole flightsuit when i bought it lol)

« Reply #20 on: Apr 12, 2010, 01:14 AM »
to ke'pare: the top half of a flightsuit i picked up at an army/navy surplus store (well it was a whole flightsuit when i bought it lol)

SO I take it it had an unfortunate run in with out friend, the seamstress' shears?

whitecrow1

« Reply #21 on: Apr 12, 2010, 01:20 AM »
oh for sure lolol...then had to visit an even closer friend the sewing machine to save the edges xD

Voss626

• AR-5415
« Reply #22 on: Apr 12, 2010, 07:48 AM »
That vest is amazing. Very nice work. Out of curiosity, what is your plan for attaching the shoulder bells? Will they be strapped to the vest or do you just plan on attaching them to your flight suit? I'm trying to imagine how it will work with that flexible shoulder design.

"You can run, but you'll only die tired."
―Boba Fett
Deathwatch Supercommando Build -  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=64121.0
« Reply #23 on: Apr 12, 2010, 08:24 AM »
About what was the width of the elastic used? It looks to be about 1" to 2"??

And what material was the body of the vest? If it was Cordura, any recommendation for a cheaper but similar material?

Any special kind of zipper?

Would the size of frequency of quick releases matter?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

whitecrow1

« Reply #24 on: Apr 12, 2010, 07:55 PM »
That vest is amazing. Very nice work. Out of curiosity, what is your plan for attaching the shoulder bells? Will they be strapped to the vest or do you just plan on attaching them to your flight suit? I'm trying to imagine how it will work with that flexible shoulder design.

;) you'll see later lol

About what was the width of the elastic used? It looks to be about 1" to 2"??

And what material was the body of the vest? If it was Cordura, any recommendation for a cheaper but similar material?

Any special kind of zipper?

Would the size of frequency of quick releases matter?

planning on stealing my design are we? lol jk jk...but yes the elastic is heavy duty 2". the buckles really dont matter...it just made sure they were the slightly curved ones so they dont stick out.  as for the material, the back is made out of 600den cordura. you can get it for like $10 a yard at the link below. the front is made out of some high density pleather/vynil that was like $30 a yard.

as for the alternative to cordura, get yourself some duck canvas. that is what i used for the side flaps on the vest mainly for the fact that its breathable and cordura is not.

link to cordura: http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/search/search.aspx?source=searchbox&keywords=cordura

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!