Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Off duty or Nonarmored Mandolorian costume ideas

• 19 Replies
Off duty or Nonarmored Mandolorian costume ideas
« on: Mar 14, 2010, 07:03 PM »
Greetings folks!
I was trying to conceptualize a look of a Mandolorian when he's got down time.  Or in my case, when I'm at a con and I want to represent the Mando look, but don't want to wear the full kit.  Any pics, comments or suggestions would be appreciated!

Re: Off duty or Nonarmored Mandolorian costume ideas
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2010, 09:04 PM »
skirata used a leather jacket, which would be what i would use.

My idea would be a jacket with a mythosaur skull on the back of it and like uniform boots and pants with a holster on the pants or under the jacket

Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2010, 09:39 PM »
I made a smuggler type outfit for my Starwarsy "street clothes".  It's just a dark burgundy top with a black faux-leather vest(it has utility pockets like Han Solo and sleeve caps similar to Jango's vest), grey pants, black boots, knee pads, and a utility belt with a holster, pouches, and gadgets.

That being said, when I'm at a con I tend to want to be in armor all day, and the "street clothes" rarely get worn.  :rolleyes:

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2010, 09:51 PM »
It's a great idea but, when everyone else youre there with is in armor, are you really going to want to be wearing rags? I guess it just depends on what your Mando's "trade" is. Are they a farmer? A merchant? A blackmith? A pilot? A repair tech etc etc etc. You would gear the clothing to that. Of course, the resonal state that a Mando'ade wears their armor everyday. So...

I guess I consider my Mando's civie wear what I wear when I'm not in costume.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2010, 11:33 PM »
For some of us with physical mishaps, in armor all day may be hell, or as close to it as can come.

There's a lot of directions to go... Depends like A'den said, on what your mando does when not being a Merc.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2010, 09:44 AM »
A good way to have an in-costume alternative to armor is to simply have different, non-Mando costumes in addition to your kit. That's pretty much what my street clothes outfit is....a custom smuggler. My character was a scoundrel before her Mando days, so smuggler it is. ;)

I would say if you want to make a non-armor custom costume, go with a smuggler look or "ordinary guy" like the folks on Tatooine wore.

VerdaOriramikad

« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2010, 10:23 AM »
Not only do some people not want to be armored up all day, but it gives you a mando feel for handler positions too

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2010, 10:41 AM »
I've always liked the idea of costumed handlers too. Most people seem to prefer the club T-shirt and jeans look while not in costume, but an in-universe alternative would be cool too, IMO. I guess I'm just the type that doesn't like wearing Earth-y clothes at cons when I can be costumed instead.

That isn't something that would be official on any level though, and not the kind of thing that can be recognized as a "Mercs approved" costume. As a group our focus is on Mandalorian armor....but as individual costumers, the possibilities are nearly endless.

VerdaOriramikad

« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2010, 12:06 PM »
yeah I agree it'll look cool yo have star wars dressed people walking with us, without them being (no offence to anyone who costumes as these) Jedi or Sith

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2010, 12:14 PM »
No offense taken. ;)

I do have a few Jedi costumes, but I only wear them when I troop with the Rebel Legion. Just like my Imperial officer goes with the 501st, etc. That's what I like about having more than one costume club to play in...it provides a home for every costume.

Which is one reason that when I troop with the Mercs I prefer to just wear my kit. And I have worn it all day with no discomfort...on numerous occasions.

« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2010, 12:16 PM by Mar'eyce » Logged
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2010, 08:23 PM »
Oh don't get me wrong... I plan on spending at least 95% of my time in my kit.  Just thinking about a non armored look as well.  I like the suggestions so far!!

VerdaOriramikad

« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Leather vests or jackets, black or navy colored pants and long slip on boots with some shirt sounds good

« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2010, 09:21 AM »
Some sort of emblem somewhere maybe?

VerdaOriramikad

« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2010, 10:47 AM »
I'd say up to personal preference really, I mean if you want to have a huge blown up skull or clan symbol on you then go for it but if not, since most smugglers were trying to blend in. If it were up to me, I'd say do what makes yo happy, end of the day, you're the one wearing it

« Reply #14 on: Mar 16, 2010, 12:36 PM »
If I have to slip out of armor, I just plan on a smugglers vest, flightsuit, long sword gauntlets/leather gloves, my holsters from my mando costume, and the same boots, with the flightsuit legs tucked in rather than over the lacing.

Most people could do the same probably.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #15 on: Mar 17, 2010, 07:45 PM »
I have a PVC jacket (hehe, yes PVC) that i would proabley use, it looks swarsy, cuz of all the zippers, looks like somebody that would be a "low life" then take some kaki cargo pance, and black slip on boots, or combat boots then maybe a bandana, then a holster or something....

Teren Clan

Gratulor

• "Frihet fra Imperiet skal være vår mål! Oya!"
« Reply #16 on: Mar 30, 2010, 06:42 AM »
I'm toying with the idea of combining the Mandalorian civilian clothing from the recent CW episode with the Canderous Ordo mercenary look for nonarmoured costume, since both are very simple and light. The civilians have the diamond pattern after all, so that would immidiately mark you as a Mandalorian costumer... at least to the people who know about them.  8)

Atma Brevar - Mandalorian Protector progress: 30% complete. (On hold since May, hopefully continued later this year)
« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2010, 11:01 AM »
I have to agree about what they have on the cartoon for cw when the mandalorians was introduced on the normal star wars non armor clothing, but also take note about jango fett in episode 2 on kamino before he went and put obi wan in a bad spot. I'd rock those type of threads as well.

Praetor Ordo

• Ibic cuyi haar yusta
« Reply #18 on: Apr 02, 2010, 01:19 PM »

Well, it looks like he's wearing a similar outfit to the Clone Training clothes.

Pullover v-neck long sleeve shirt, trousers, tunic, leather belt, and a pair of boots with a wrap-around leather 'spat' connected.  I would definitely wear that to and from Invasions.  Perhaps even as a spotter... though I would have to make mine in grays.

« Reply #19 on: Apr 06, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Great suggestions!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!