Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Helmet Storage and Transport

• 11 Replies

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Helmet Storage and Transport
« on: Mar 15, 2010, 10:15 AM »
So, how do you folks transport or store your helmets?  Do you keep yours in a separate place than the armor?  What about when traveling?

I myself store my helmet in a large rubbermaid tub along with the rest of my costume.  I usually take my flightsuit and wrap it around the helmet to prevent any bumpage during travels.  Since most of my troops are within driving distance I've never taken it on a plane...which I know some folks who have had to carry theirs on and slip it into a motorcycle helmet bag.

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
Re: Helmet Storage and Transport
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2010, 11:22 AM »
i have only drove to a few local places, and i just wear it in the car =p ;D

Teren Clan

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2010, 11:25 AM »
i have only drove to a few local places, and i just wear it in the car =p ;D

Oooh, migh not recommend that. :P  It's a vision restrictor and you could get pulled over for such a violation.

BedlamX

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2010, 12:10 PM »
So far, I've always let my son wear mine in the car. He likes waving at and generally messing with other motorists as we drive by.

Since we'll wind up with 3 helmets soon (maybe 4 if the daughter wants to do a Mando, too), I guess I'll have to find something else :).

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2010, 02:21 PM »
I've always just had it out. When we went to Anime Boston last year, I just had it tied to the handle of my suitcase. It got banged around plenty but held up like a champ.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Mereelajum

• "Last Man Standing" - Daniel Logan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Oh, I have a VERY nice way to transport my helmet, I will post pictures later!

Sounds like a plan.....

Formally Mereel A’denla

Mereelajum

• "Last Man Standing" - Daniel Logan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2010, 02:34 PM »

Sounds like a plan.....

Formally Mereel A’denla

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2010, 02:59 PM »
That is a wicked idea Mereel! I don't really have my kit finished so I just figured id put it into a motorcycle helmet bag but this idea has made me re-think that.  ;D

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2010, 09:57 AM »
Having done costuming of all types for quite a few years, I recommend checking on Ebay and search for either "Hat box or Wig Box" and obtain something like this:

They are fairly reasonable and pretty good size for just about anything.  I have one for my Klingon headpiece which sits on a styrofoam head and I have been able to protect it while traveling for over 15 years.  They are pretty sturdy and makes it easy for carrying.

Just a suggestion?

William "Bear" Reed
"Ijaat bal Bralov"
(Honor and Success)

Gabrin Kinoda

• House Manager, Ohld Vart's So. Beach LadyBoy Revue
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2010, 10:07 AM »
I actually just have a helmet-sized cardboard box (I believe it's the box my daughter's first potty chair came in, lol) that I keep in my rolling armor tub. I also use it to store my smaller soft costume bits--which helps protect the helmet and keeps all the small stuff from getting lost in the tub. It ain't fancy, but it's worked for almost 4 years!   

------------

Council Advisor, 2007-2012

Dha'ward Krayt

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2010, 02:02 PM »
I store my helmet on a shelf for display in my room right next to my Mark-VI Spartan Helmet and Clone Phase-1 bucket. I havnt had to travel with it yet. when ive gone to events i usally just carried it with me and slipped it on when when needed

Mandalorian Mercs - Firaxan Clan
Rebel Legion - Alderaan Base - Jedi Knight

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2010, 10:43 PM »
Oooh, migh not recommend that. :P  It's a vision restrictor and you could get pulled over for such a violation.

ya cuz i can dirve..... pff! im 15 dude! i am in the passanger seat =p

Teren Clan

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!