Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Melee weapons with metal reinforcements

• 1 Replies
Question - Melee weapons with metal reinforcements
« on: May 08, 2023, 08:45 PM »
I have a question about:

I am making an electro-bisento and I'm following the "Edged Weapon Tutorial" in the Jadd Halls of Knowledge. This tutorial recommends using a 3/4" PVC pipe for the shaft of the weapon and reinforcing it by placing a thin metal tube inside taken from a mop.

Would this be allowed under the newer rules concerning the use of weapons made of metal or would I have to find a different backing material?

Would I be able to use a copper tube as a reinforcement instead?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 01:33 AM by Raquel91 » Logged
The strongest stars have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.

Xon Drall

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Celebration Anaheim 2022
Re: Question - Melee weapons with metal reinforcements - Colin
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 01:37 AM »
Hey there!

Using a copper tube as a reinforcement is totally fine based on the new metal weapon clarification.

- If a melee weapon of mixed construction has metal cutting edges, spikes, blades, piercing tips, or similar features, the metal must be replaced with an acceptable material and modified for safety. Otherwise, the weapon is prohibited.
- Metal handles are allowed on melee weapons of mixed construction as long as they meet all the requirements for metal melee weapons.

If the copper tube is exposed and has metal cutting edges, spikes or sharp edges it must be replaced, however if it is just a reinforcement it will be okay! I would ensure that you follow local laws and convention safety guidelines when you do events.

I hope this answers your question!

Xon Drall

« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 01:45 AM by Xon Drall » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!