Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Lonewolf1183's mando belt creations *pic heavy*

• 51 Replies

Dar'manda

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Lonewolf1183's mando belt creations *pic heavy*
« on: Mar 21, 2010, 11:31 PM »
I thought with having made the gear belt for my current mando and just having finished my second commissioned leather belt, I might as well create an ongoing thread where I'd show off the belts I made.  I figure I might as well share, since these belts could serve as inspiration to some and or reference to others. 

This is a pic of the belt for my Mandalorian Executioner, not the best pic, and I've added some greeblies to the belt along with a han solo style pisto holster that hang from the D-rings.  I'll add some more pics later of this belt and its details.

Here's a pic of the belt I built for the Rav Bralor I was commissioned to make.  Again, everything was hand stitched and all the pouches were functional.

This was a custom one off belt I built and put up for sale, and was bought by Etodyc O'gal.  Its all hand dyed and hand stitched.  There are four functional pouches, along with some little greeblie sized cylinders and one of my R2D2 ankle cylinder 'grenades'.

Then Kaim O'gal contacted me about making a belt for him.  This one is dyed brown, with two Luke Bespin style pouches, A medium pouch (a revamped pattern of my Rav belt build), and it will have a greeblie cylinder on it too.  Its almost complete, just needs the velcro on the back, the cylinder, and the wrap for the ends of the belt.  Again, the belt pouches are functional, and you can see that they'll fit a wallet and a cell phone.

Dar'manda

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Lonewolf1183's mando belt creations *pic heavy*
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2010, 10:41 PM »
Ooh, what's this little development in progress? ;)

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2010, 11:03 PM »
Looks kinda Death Watch-y to me.   :P

Very nice leather belts!  That's some excellent craftsmenship.  If you don't mind me asking, what do you use for those cylinder doo-dads?  My belt looks bare compared to your creations.  I need to greeblify it.   :D

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Dar'manda

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2010, 11:48 PM »
The larger cylinder is actually a resin cast of an R2 D2 ankle cylinder I had sculpted up, I just cut off one of the end tabs.  Reusing an item from the universe is a very Original Trilogy-esque trick, and helps subtly make it feel in-universe.  For the other cylinders I just use PVC pipe, capped with either plastic or (and I'm giving away a Lonewolf1183 greeblie secret here) messed up snap parts- anytime I need to rip out a snap, or one doesn't set properly I hang onto the pieces, cause the dome parts especially work so well and are the right size for the thinner CPVC pipe.  I usually fill the pipe with foam or resin if I'm casting something.  I'll take the cylinders and throw them on the lathe at work just to put some lines on them to make them more interesting and a place for weathering to hang into.

Chucko

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2010, 03:20 PM »
You've got some real talent my friend, and I might be in need of one of those said developments ;)

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2010, 04:05 PM »
Wow! Wow! Wow! That black belt with the cylenders are AMAZING!!  :o  :o Are you selling them?  ;D

« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2010, 07:23 PM »
Wow! Wow! Wow! That black belt with the cylenders are AMAZING!!  :o  :o Are you selling them?  ;D

I would like to know this as well  ;D

Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la

Dar'manda

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2010, 12:38 AM »
I specifically made the black one to sell.  You can probably look to me to have some other custom creation s in the future in the trading station, or you can even contact me about a commission ;)

So Some updates:

Belt for Kaim O'gal is done:

The death watch belts:

Jaing Vau

« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2010, 06:03 AM »
If I were to get one, how much $ would I be looking at?

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2010, 09:02 AM »
If I were to get one, how much $ would I be looking at?

Please PM him for sales details.  Thanks.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Mar 25, 2010, 02:51 PM »
very impresive work vod ;)

Dar'manda

« Reply #11 on: Apr 05, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Here's some better shots of the belt for my Executioner as it is now.  The Solo style holster with the custom DL-44 hangs off the D-rings on the one side.  I have two double pouches that are vintage.  Other little odds and ends hang from the belt as decoration.  (See if any of you grease monkeys out there can identify the 'grenade' on the one side ;)

Dar'manda

« Reply #12 on: Apr 05, 2010, 07:43 PM »
And here's another one-off belt I finished that I'll be putting up in the Trading Station.  I has 4 cylinders that are tucked into loops stitched down to the belt.  There is a metal buckle in the front, and four functioning pouches which have been riveted together.  The pouches measure 6.5"x5"x1.5", 5"x3.5"x1", and 4"x3"x1".  Again, its all hand punched, stitched, and riveted.  Its a little hard to tell in the pics, but the cylinders and the leather have been slightly weathered.  The clamps are holding the belt for the pics, when its sold it'll be sized down and have velcro installed for closure.

Jaing Vau

« Reply #13 on: Apr 05, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Ooooh, pretty. I wish I had access to your mad belt making skills  :(. Where do you get all of your leather? Because I might try to make my own belt if I can  ;D

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #14 on: Apr 05, 2010, 07:48 PM »
I need to get some of those thin square medium sized pouches from you to replace my old ammo pouches.  How much for 6 black ones like that?  I need a 1.5 inch loop on the back.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Praetor Ordo

• Ibic cuyi haar yusta
« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2010, 01:22 AM »
I like your trophies...

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Apr 20, 2010, 01:40 PM »
I love the canisters you use on the belts; they break it up so nicely and give it variety.

~

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Apr 23, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Greetings Lonewolf  how much do you sell your belt and pouches for? Thanks

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Dar'manda

« Reply #18 on: Apr 26, 2010, 03:48 PM »
Greetings Lonewolf  how much do you sell your belt and pouches for? Thanks

PM sent.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 26, 2010, 04:27 PM »
I Really love your work vod .

Dar'manda

« Reply #20 on: Apr 27, 2010, 12:33 AM »
Here's one for Vhe'dn Oyre.  I'll post up another pic later showing the belt a little better.  Velcro closures, holder for the little cylinders, and brass rivets you can't see on the main belt.  Figured the brass and the geometric details would compliment the design she has for her armor.

« Reply #21 on: Apr 27, 2010, 09:11 AM »
Here's one for Vhe'dn Oyre.  I'll post up another pic later showing the belt a little better.  Velcro closures, holder for the little cylinders, and brass rivets you can't see on the main belt.  Figured the brass and the geometric details would compliment the design she has for her armor.

Oooh that one looks very nice vod

***EDIT***
Not that your other ones didn't  ;D

Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la

Dha'ward Firaxan

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 08:53 AM »
Love the idea of the cheast diamonds as trophys  ;)

Mandalorian Mercs - Firaxan Clan

Dar'manda

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 10:37 PM »
Here's some new belts.  Each has 7 pouches, one belt has 5 small pouches, and 2 large pouches, the other belt has 3 small pouches, and 4 medium pouches.  The actual belt will be made out of the same leather as the pouches, not the belt blank.

Belt option 1

Belt option 2

Dragon Sunkiller

• Always remember.... that way you never forget!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 10:47 PM »
Amazing work vod!

M.A.J.I.C. #057
OM# 371

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!