Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Lonewolf1183's mando belt creations *pic heavy*

• 51 Replies

Salvo Mereel

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Lonewolf1183's mando belt creations *pic heavy*
« Reply #30 on: Jul 02, 2010, 05:39 PM »
These are sweet! How much would it be for something like the belt you made for Etodyc O'gal?

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #31 on: Jul 04, 2010, 04:22 PM »
 Lonewolf, PM inbound

lonewolf1183

• THE Executioner
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #32 on: Jul 04, 2010, 07:23 PM »
Salvo and Cyrus, PM's responded.

THE Mandalorian Executioner
Dum spiramus tuebimur
Member #299

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #33 on: Jul 05, 2010, 04:38 PM »
Outstanding work on everything.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

lonewolf1183

• THE Executioner
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #34 on: Jul 05, 2010, 11:27 PM »
you sure do awesome work vod!

what is the weight/ thickness of the leather used, if I might ask?

Most all of my pouches I use 3-4 oz vegetable tanned tooling leather.  3-4 oz is about the thickness of a quarter on average, and you are able to tool and dye it.  The holster bodies and some heavier pouches I use a hide that's about 8-9 oz, which is about an 1/8th of an inch thick on average.  The belt blanks are about the same thickness.

Dum spiramus tuebimur
Member #299

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

lonewolf1183

• THE Executioner
« Reply #36 on: Jul 06, 2010, 08:50 AM »
No, I'm not that behind on technology.  Its an Samsung flip phone.   :P

Dum spiramus tuebimur
Member #299
« Reply #37 on: Aug 05, 2010, 11:45 PM »
Most all of my pouches I use 3-4 oz vegetable tanned tooling leather.  3-4 oz is about the thickness of a quarter on average, and you are able to tool and dye it.  The holster bodies and some heavier pouches I use a hide that's about 8-9 oz, which is about an 1/8th of an inch thick on average.  The belt blanks are about the same thickness.

im fairly certain i sold you this leather and hardware vode so as you can see i finally got on
   -rudo

lonewolf1183

• THE Executioner
« Reply #38 on: Nov 18, 2010, 09:34 AM »
So it's been a loooong time since I updated this thread.  Been a little while since doing some major leather work, but I finally finished and sent off a commission to a member "across the pond," as they put it, that I've been working on for a while.

Full Rav Bralor leather gear set up.  Leather shoulder pads, gear belt, holsters, thigh straps, a rope girth belt, and pistols I sculpted and made a mold of.  The request and goal of this build was to match the tom hodges style artwork as close as possible.  The pistols were sculpted to match the artwork as best i could.  I had to figure out how many pouches there were on the belt and what sizes they were, modifying my existing pouch templates.  It was also a challenge trying to decide from a cartoony drawing what was a crease, what was a panel line, etc.  As with everything I do, I try to make sure the pouches are functional.

The person who commissioned me for it is happy with it, and now that it's in her hands I can show the product here.

« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2010, 09:41 AM by lonewolf1183 » Logged
Dum spiramus tuebimur
Member #299

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #39 on: Nov 18, 2010, 09:48 AM »
Helluva good job as always vod!

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #40 on: Nov 19, 2010, 02:11 PM »
Love your work.

this thread has given me some great ideas :) (Me runs to find a pen and paper to start plaining a belt of my own.)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #41 on: Nov 19, 2010, 05:49 PM »
Niiiiice.  What do you use to scribe the lines on the shoulder pauldrons?

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

lonewolf1183

• THE Executioner
« Reply #42 on: Nov 21, 2010, 11:30 AM »
Niiiiice.  What do you use to scribe the lines on the shoulder pauldrons?

An adjustable V-groover tool from Tandy Leather.

Dum spiramus tuebimur
Member #299
« Reply #43 on: Nov 21, 2010, 02:31 PM »
I may be looking for a commission from you at some point. I'm still in the planning stages of my armor, but I absolutely LOVE your work :D

lonewolf1183

• THE Executioner
« Reply #44 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:58 PM »
Another belt I finished up.  In the for sale section right now.  Black belt with some scribed line details.  Pouches and holster are riveted onto the belt.  The pistol is one of my Tom Hodges style pistols.

Dum spiramus tuebimur
Member #299

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!