Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Is this Acceptable for Boots?

• 6 Replies

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
Is this Acceptable for Boots?
« on: Mar 29, 2010, 01:48 PM »
I was wondering if this would be acceptable for boots....

Let me explain.  These are the "toy" versions of the boots John Connor wore in Terminator Salvation.  Unfortunately all I have is a DVD-Rom in my pc and not a Bluray Rom so I can't get a screen capture of them close up when he rappels into the Skynet Facility and they show them.  Now my question is are these zippers acceptable for use on your custom Mando boots?  I ask because one of the Army surplus stores has them on clearance super cheap and I can pick up a pair or two today.  I used them when I was in the USMC and can tell you they make putting them on in a rush a helluva lot easier.

Obviously the laces can not be wrapped around the top as shown in this pic, but with the right pair of zippers you wouldn't need to do that.  Thanks in advance for the answer, and yes I did look at the CRL's and the updates but still wasn't clear about this particular piece of kit.

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Is this Acceptable for Boots?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2010, 04:22 PM »
Generally, boots with laces are fine AS LONG AS the laces are completly covered by spats or/and boot armor. The main issue I see with these is the heavy laces. Doesn't look very Swarzy.

No'saj Huune

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2010, 07:41 PM »
Actually I those aren't exactly what I meant, those are called "Flyer Boots" and are intentionally laced that way, couldn't tell you why though.  Heres the image of the zippers I mean so you can see how the laces would look...

The image has them "loose" to show how the go in however once inserted into the boot its all sealed up.  There will be some lace showing on the outside but not a cross-lace and no tie as it would be hidden inside the boot itself.  So yeah, if I can use these then I can check off the boots on my soft parts and just worry about my buy'ce and gaunts.

« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2010, 07:43 PM by Nosaj Huune » Logged

TK6189

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2010, 07:49 PM »
Personally i would still cover them with an in-universe material spat or boot cover, but as far as acceptability goes one of the approval team will have to chime in on that.

TK6189's Prop Studio. tk6189sprops@gmail.com
See whats for sale right now here

No'saj Huune

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Yeah, just wondering if its "No laces showing period" or if the zipper as shown above with the laces holding it in place is acceptable.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2010, 09:58 PM »
Refer to my first reply reference laces. I would avoid the heavy stitching as well.

TK6189

« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2010, 11:23 PM »
Refer to my first reply reference laces. I would avoid the heavy stitching as well.

After looking at this close i have to agree with A'den. Either find some laceless boots or cover up the laces completely.

TK6189's Prop Studio. tk6189sprops@gmail.com
See whats for sale right now here

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!