Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Underarmor and soft parts

• 7 Replies
Underarmor and soft parts
« on: Mar 29, 2010, 06:38 PM »
Quick question, would a UA or similar top color matched with pants and a wrap/girth belt to cover the waist be acceptable in place of a flight suit?  I'm looking for something that breaths well, and finding coveralls, let alone a flight suit, in my size is a pain.

Dorn Has'skyrek

• Deserve's got nothing to do with it.
Re: Underarmor and soft parts
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2010, 07:00 PM »
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=23684.0

No I believe, also UA stretches.

I'm in the same boat with finding a flight suit, well one I would want to buy, so I'm thinking of going with BDU pants and a button down shirt.  I have a flight suit that doesn't fit well I may experiment with cutting and altering it I just don't know yet.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2010, 07:41 PM »
That post is about vests.  I'm asking about the suit, not the vest.  That'll have to be custom made no matter what.

EDIT:  The reason i ask is because I know sleeveless mando's are allowed, so I was curious if a mando with the tight sleeves would be as well.

« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2010, 07:43 PM by Ke'pare Onduro » Logged

Atiniir Ordo

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2010, 09:47 PM »
Im kinda new here but if I were you I would start asking around because their are plenty of grade A quality seamstress girlfriend/spouses in the merc corps. They can probably make you a custom flight suit, cost will vary. Try talking to A'den Skirata as well he can point you in the right direction. He's been helping me since I got here.

Hope I helped ner' vod

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2010, 10:00 PM »
If you can fid me a canon source photo of a Modern Era Mandalorian in a skin tight flightsuit, sure. If not, stick with some typ eof flightsuit be it BDU's, flightsuit, coveralls etc.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2010, 07:32 AM »
To make an argument in support of a UA flightsuit...  I don't think it would be a bad idea, because it would be a little bit in the spirit of a Mando bounty hunter or mercenary to use a stormtrooper's body glove.  Personally, I'd suggest against it unless you're muscular AND have a very low body fat percentage.  If you're not "built" you run the risk of looking like Tron Guy.  The trooper-types (clone and TK) get away with it because the only bits of the bodysuit that show are the joints.

But hey, I don't think sleeveless Mandos should be allowed either.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2010, 08:28 AM »
i guess i shouldnt be so cut and dry about it. it is possible. they are popular with female members. i know frost will be wearing something akin with his tempest kit as well. theyd work, perhaps not the best though, for neo crusaders.

problem is ive seen it tried and failed several times. the flightsuit in star wars iss  support to be projectile and stab resistant to a degree, dont even get me into how this works when its loose fitting as by our tech it wouldnt, so it needs some heft to it. most suits used for flightsuits dont have this anymore than ua does but, you can fake it by it being loose fitting. ua fits so tight you lose that. personally, i dont like seeing tk's and clones wearing ua. i know theyre spendy and less comfortable but, there are proper body gloves out there that look a bunch better.

plus, as ori poited out, if you're not big and ripped or covered in heavy armor, you could end up looking really silly.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2010, 10:36 AM »
The only reason that UA is used by the white-armored is because of heat.  Those of us with Highland Scot blood (and many other northern European descendants) don't deal with heat very well.  I know for my clone I plan to use a proper ribbed bodysuit and only wear it in the winter...  Your best bet is a breathable cotton flightsuit, because the only places you'll be venting heat is your upper arms, and it has the benefit of being loose enough to cover arm flab.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!