Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Snake Eyes Soft Parts For Mandalorian Uniform

• 16 Replies
Snake Eyes Soft Parts For Mandalorian Uniform
« on: Apr 02, 2010, 11:50 AM »
Here is what i already have listed for my mandalorian uniform so it complies with the regulation to the club

1.) Tanker Boots

2.)  Black TRU-Spec Pants

3.) White Sweatshirt Under Vest I Have

4.) Biker Scout Blaster Holster

5.) E-11 Blaster Holster

6.) Black Tactical Belt W/Pouches

« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2010, 04:23 PM by SnakeEyes1 » Logged

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Snake Eyes Soft Parts For Mandalorian Uniform
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2010, 12:58 PM »
What's the sweatshirt for? It's listed as a non-allowed material in the CRL's.

Chucko

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2010, 08:37 PM »
To stay warm A'den  ;D not everyone lives in the desert  ;)

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2010, 01:24 PM »
Making a set of pockets on the sleeves for the rest of my outfit, and also i cannot find a white shirt to go with the suit i'm working on for the 2 piece outfit. and if you can find me 1 then please point it out. thanx.

Sentinel

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2010, 01:32 PM »
Are you looking for a white BDU style shirt??
GJ

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2010, 08:36 PM »
You can use a white shirt as your top, under your vest, but not a sweatshirt or fleece, or anything like that. You need to find a shirt made out of a material similar to a flight suit or BDU. I have two piece under suit as well, a pair of black pants and a black long-sleeved shirt made out of a sort of heavier weight t-shirt type cotton.

On another note, I like those boots ;D. Add some spikes to the toes, maybe make some shin plates or boots plates to armor 'em up a bit and they'll be perfect :).

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2010, 08:37 PM »
To answer both of you, Yes i'm looking for a b.d.u. in white or take the sweat shirt and just add the pockets which is my main plan since it's cheaper for me, I'm planning on wearing it under the vest i have. Just have to get the white velcro to place on the vest for the back since the sticky velcro "sux" so i have to get my friend to fix it for me with her machine other then that i'll have the photo of my armor and me in it up soon since the last photo i have of me in the bigger sized armor which was given to me and waiting on doing a back plate and thighs, the helmet is coming along soon asap in my hands to do my mad science project "lights" and i'll have the light board for my armor some time in the next 2 weeks from fettronics. With the spikes on the boots is a nice touch but i have to be careful because the cops around me are anal about spikes and what have you, with the boot plate i'm not really a fan of it nor the shin plate  too much for what i have a plan on.

« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2010, 08:42 PM by SnakeEyes1 » Logged
« Reply #7 on: Apr 04, 2010, 09:14 PM »
With the spikes on the boots is a nice touch but i have to be careful because the cops around me are anal about spikes and what have you, with the boot plate i'm not really a fan of it nor the shin plate  too much for what i have a plan on.

AFAIK, there is no law concerning spikes and whatnot, so long as they don't exceed knife laws, so (usually) no longer than four inches or so.  An inch long spike or two, like Boba's, shouldn't cause any problems whatsoever.

« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2010, 10:23 AM »
Actually in new jersey they are very anal about things like the spikes and such, trust me on this i have checked into the laws for this state and also 1 of my sisters is a lawyer and even she pointed it out as well to me, so i'm not gonna sit there and give any cops an excuse to mess with me. knife laws i understand but tell that to the cops here and they'll shove it back in your face. trust me on this i know.

Sentinel

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Apr 05, 2010, 10:47 AM »
White navy dress shirt???

« Reply #10 on: Apr 05, 2010, 11:18 AM »
Thought about that but doesn't give the pockets on the arms, to much money for them

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2010, 10:54 AM »
Snakeeyes... as as side note.. I'm aware you do plan to apply. Being the Personnel Officer, a member of the Cuy'val Dar Council, on the Appplication Approval Team and, not just one who interprets the CRl's but, one who authors them I need to let you know a few things...

1. If you are still using the old Boba Fett Rubies helmet, it's banned and your app will be denied.
2. If you use sweats in you soft parts, you will be denied
3. If you use any sigils on your armor that are associated with other serials, even if not their intellictual property, you will be denied.
4. When the time comes for you to be in a clan, wjhich actually where you're located you're with Falco's not on your own, if you name it a term from another serial, it will not be accepted.

We welcome new members but, you must realize this is a Star Wars costuming club. If you have other interests, that's fine. You just need to handle them seperatly and on the appropriate forums and clubs.

You REALLY need to look at our CRL's, look at the members we've applied.... especially this year as at the entry level they've been consistantly the best first timers we've approved so far. Before you push that button to submit your app you need to make sure the build you have neets the CRL's. As aggrivating as it can be when someone applies and has minor issue we have to kick the app back, and I tell y ou we are at the point where we are getting nitpicky to force standards higher, if you're applying with a kit that is blatantly out of compliance with the CRL', you;re just going to be wasting our time and resources. It's ALMOST excusable with someone who's new to the forums. However, when you've been a forum member as long as you have and you've received as much feedback as you have and you've had sufficient time to not only know the CRL's but to have acually built to them prior to application, there is NO reason for you to apply and have it denied.

I am stating all this as what I am seeing in your various posts indicates to me that you are just doing what you want and have no respect or consideration to our requirements and our club's direction. If that's not the case, I apologize in advance however it seem sto be that's exactly what you're doing. If it is whether is intentional or incidental, you need to tow the line and get in compliance.

« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2010, 11:17 AM by Novall Talon » Logged

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #12 on: Apr 08, 2010, 11:31 AM »
ShakeEyes, how bout an EMT or Tactical shirt?  You can probably find something on ebay easily.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*
« Reply #14 on: Apr 09, 2010, 11:20 AM »
Thanks i've was checking out that type of shirt and saw some drawbacks to them, besides i'm a short guy 5'3" 125 lbs.

Note to all:  There is very limited items for midgets lol especially in white shirts. ..... Still looking

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #15 on: Apr 11, 2010, 09:28 AM »
Government issue shirts are made to fit EVERY body type and size.  They have guys 5' up to 8' joining up, so they make those sizes available.  Have you tried shopping at a military/police supply website like http://www.imsplus.com/ or http://www.qmuniforms.com/

You might have better luck searching through fire/EMS/police uniforms for a white shirt-- there aren't many white shirts in the military.

Just trying to assist here 'cause, well.... the sweatshirt would look like butt.  Sorry.

-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013
« Reply #16 on: Apr 12, 2010, 09:47 AM »
True which right now i'm working on making a military top same as the new acu tops but in white, my lady friend took 1 of my tops and is making a copy for me but i'm helping her out since i do have some knowledge on sewing. i've got the shirt bit taken care of  so i think i'm in the clear right now. here is what we are going by so you have an idea. the min we get done making it i'll model it off.

Borrowed from tru spec

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!