Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

saz-helmet with lit up...everything ;) now 2.0 on page 4!! (pic-intensive)

• 66 Replies

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
Looking good, ner vod. I like the take on the RF and the placement of the vent holes. If you haven't already, I would suggest some screening behind the holes.

Keep it up!

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Aniron

i'll use fly-screen like i did with my 501st-trooper:

when it's dark isnide the bucket, you can't see through it, normaly ;)

btw, the idea with the vent holes comes from one of lonewolf's scratches... wasn't my idea, completely ;)

« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2010, 12:55 PM by Aniron » Logged

Aniron

there was more than one crack:

have bondoed it and primered again, paint is drying at the moment. i'll post pictures later

Aniron

silver spraypainted after primering it (this is my "beskar-color"):

taped the helmet for the black paint (started spraypainting a few minutes ago):

you'll mention that i changed or rather upgraded the paintscheme, there was always something missing, now i know what ;)
the art from hydra was a great inspiration for it (the blue one), she's doing really great designs:

« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2010, 02:17 PM by Aniron » Logged

Aniron

i'm nearing completion... :)
paintjob is done, so far... i'll keep it, how it looks right now. maybe, but just maybe and not now... :P, i'll get one step back, the silver-black was great,too... see it in the pics.
colors are now: black,silver,white and anthracite
 antennas and stuff are glued in with hotglue, flyscreen in the back and the ventholes,too. rangefinder and flashlight are hold in place with magnets.
padding of the inside will follow later today.
the visorlense i'll be buying at the beginning of may(money... :D ), will be silver mirrored.

here are the pics:

the tape was horrible... paint got under it and at other points the paint ripped of he dryed paint :/

this is after "reparing" it with a brush:

first "testfit", another one will follow, after i padded the inside, with the flightsuit on

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2010, 01:40 PM by Aniron » Logged

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
That looks really good!

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Nice work vod.

Aniron

thanks day'vid your helmet was my biggest inspiration i guess ;)
btw... if look from the front it reminds me on a skull or something... wasn't willfully but it looks great :D

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Damn vod that bucket is SEXY!

Aniron

this helmet sits sooo much better on my head than the clone-helmet, this is great! :)
it now is padded and i took a few more pics ;) (yeah.. i like to photograph my work :D ):

i'll cover the whole inside with black cloth later, so the bare foam won't be visible. the foam forms a kind of neckring which i like :)

for size-comparison (remeber, with the vest and armorplates i will be a bit more bulky, so the helmetsize is right i think.. i'm 1,90m tall ;) )

the "neckring" and my balaclava:

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
nice work vod, that bucket is coming together nicely.

Hydra

• Awards Leap into Action is the award for the best mid air action picture. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Very, very good design on that helmet, the linear patterns are flattering!

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
the scale of the helmet looks great.

Aniron

wow, thanks so much guys, it's great to get that much positive feedback :)
but, it's important to get negative as well, so if you have something, just say it. without i can't become better ;)

i added the writing "vercopaanir" (to hop,to wish) last night, came out great i think :)

i guess... next will be the armor :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!