Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

saz-helmet with lit up...everything ;) now 2.0 on page 4!! (pic-intensive)

• 66 Replies

Aniron

this helmet sits sooo much better on my head than the clone-helmet, this is great! :)
it now is padded and i took a few more pics ;) (yeah.. i like to photograph my work :D ):

i'll cover the whole inside with black cloth later, so the bare foam won't be visible. the foam forms a kind of neckring which i like :)

for size-comparison (remeber, with the vest and armorplates i will be a bit more bulky, so the helmetsize is right i think.. i'm 1,90m tall ;) )

the "neckring" and my balaclava:

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
nice work vod, that bucket is coming together nicely.

Hydra

• Awards Leap into Action is the award for the best mid air action picture. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Very, very good design on that helmet, the linear patterns are flattering!

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
the scale of the helmet looks great.

Aniron

wow, thanks so much guys, it's great to get that much positive feedback :)
but, it's important to get negative as well, so if you have something, just say it. without i can't become better ;)

i added the writing "vercopaanir" (to hop,to wish) last night, came out great i think :)

i guess... next will be the armor :D

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Love your bucket especially the RF .

Dar'kumn Vol

• Your song has yet to be written.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
That's agreat bucket. Can't wait to see what you do with plates.

There are no heroes, only those with conscience. Once they take rise, none shall stop them. They lead us forward into tomorrow not limited by today. They are who we strive to be.

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
Looks like an amazing helmet ner vod. The paint job came out great. Good job!  ;D

Aniron

sadly, i still don't have enough money for the visor, but i hope the next weeks...
BUT i have a new display for the helmet, look at this ;)

and the clone-helmet:

the design is inspired by the work of woodchuck. thanks!

Looks really nice with the dark finish!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
lookin nice!

keep goin.

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
A suggestion...If you want the RF to really pop with the lights in it. You could acid etch or fine grit sand the "screen" and the light from the top would make the whole thing glow. Down side is you wouldn’t be able to see through with your right eye, but that’s why you got two eyes hopefully right.  ;)
Here's what I did with my old RC/IC helmet visor (just for fun) with El Wire

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010, 03:24 PM by Cyrus Rang » Logged

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
does that light blind you from the inside? wont it reflect off the inside of the vizor?

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008
Ok Cryus.. You *have* to tell me how you did that!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Very stylish!

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Sweeeeet!

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Nagra Shysa

• member 290
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Hey vod,found your thread today, man this one is awesome.

Looks like you´re going to steal my part as the big bad guy!  ;) ;D

Can't wait to see the whole armor!

I MISS YOU MY FRIEND!
"Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum."  - I'm still alive, but you are dead. I remember you, so you are eternal.

Aniron

A suggestion...If you want the RF to really pop with the lights in it. You could acid etch or fine grit sand the "screen" and the light from the top would make the whole thing glow. Down side is you wouldn’t be able to see through with your right eye, but that’s why you got two eyes hopefully right.  ;)

maybe i will, i'll see when i have the helmet fully assembled and weathered. thanks for the  tip :)

Hey vod,found your thread today, man this one is awesome.

Looks like you´re going to steal my part as the big bad guy!  ;) ;D

Can't wait to see the whole armor!

big? jep :D
bad? we'll see ;) the helmet definitely has some kind of a "skull-ish" look, i have to look if the armor will be,too :P

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Not to hyjack the thread but  ;)

does that light blind you from the inside? wont it reflect off the inside of the vizor?
The El wire is on the outside of the visor but attached to the inside of the helmet.

Ok Cryus.. You *have* to tell me how you did that!
I sanded the visor with VERY fine grit paper. Having it like that reflects the blue light down the length of the visor. Again, the down side is I cant see out of it (its my DISPLAY ONLY visor)

@ Aniron. You could even just acid etch a pattern like the pic you got the RF idea from and the light from your LED's should just light up the pattern. That way you can see through it. (practice of a scratch piece first)  ;)

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010, 03:38 PM by Cyrus Rang » Logged

Aniron

i wasn't satisfied how the paintscheme came out, so i decided to sand it down.
the new one will be only black and white, maybe with some little silver touch-ups.
more pictures when i made progress :)

Since Darman moved from "The Camealeon" to "Poster Boy", you could pick up that legacy ^-^

Where are our long awaited pictures?

Aniron

no pictures in consequence of that there is no progress so far...  :rolleyes:
hatte die letzten wochen viel zu tun, weil ich von morgen bis sonntag aufm conquest of mythodea bin http://www.live-adventure.de/ConQuest/start.php, also mittelalter/fantasylarp, und ich dafür noch viele sachen fertig machen musste. da ich ja meine platten schon ebstellt hab, und auch letzte woche kunstleder für meine weste denke ich mal, dass es progress in den nächsten 3-4wochen geben wird, wenn nich sogar schon die fertigstellung als solche ;)

Super, ich drück Dir die Daumen mit dem Larp!

Aniron

hab rgad erfahren, dass tenshi da auch rumläuft und ne römische balliste dabei hat... ansonsten: keine ahnung wie er ausschaut, also mal sehen :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!