Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Combo kama/sash - is it allowed?

• 3 Replies
Combo kama/sash - is it allowed?
« on: Jan 28, 2024, 11:04 PM »
Greetings!

I have a very specific question about kamas. I would like to make one, and I need that and my sash to do before I have all the pieces to my kit. My question is this: would a combination sash and kama be allowed? Like, if I get a single large piece of fabric, roll the sash portion and wrap it around my waist, would then be allowed to have the overhang shaped and styled as a kama?

This is the Way

Second Son

• Awards Special Weapons EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Combo kama/sash - is it allowed?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2024, 10:50 PM »
Usually they are two separate items, but I am not sure I am seeing a specific prohibition on what I think you are saying. That doesn't automatically mean it will be approved though.
Could you demonstrate the concept with some scrap fabric, and take some photos?  It's hard to fully visualize the concept.

jethroskull

• Awards Donated during Quarter 4 of 2023. Donated during Quarter 3 of 2023. Donated during Quarter 2 of 2023. Donated during Quarter 1 of 2023.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2024, 10:24 AM »
My thought is that you would still need two belts to fill the waist requirement. A rolled kama isn't really a sash...

:cookie:

Second Son

• Awards Special Weapons EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2024, 05:11 PM »
My thought is that you would still need two belts to fill the waist requirement. A rolled kama isn't really a sash...

:cookie:
Good point - still definitely need two waist items (for Modern) or the require Holster or Ammo belt for PI.
A kama doesn't count for or against waist items, so if it's a sash with an extended trailing edge it may still be considered. It would depend on how it looks like in a mock-up, and then if it's in the bounds of the CRLs, on the overall quality of execution.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!