Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Is this chestplate allowed??

• 2 Replies

Nyghtngale

• Testing out a mando name - Caia Elyze
Is this chestplate allowed??
« on: Feb 11, 2024, 10:29 PM »
Hello again, Mercs!

I was peeking around and have decided that a post-imperial kit would suit my vision the best. However, there is something I am unsure on.

I am planning on using these (https://galacticarmory.net/products/bo-katan-armor-3d-print-files) 3D print files. Upon looking at them, the chestplate seems to be in 4 pieces…two upper chest, with a lower and the diamond. Would that be allowed? In the post-imperial CRL (https://mandalorianmercs.org/costume-requirements/post-imperial-costume-requirements/) it says “one-piece chest plate” but also says “ Custom chest plate designs are allowed if they are modifications to [series characters, including Bo Katan]” so I’m not sure.

Thanks!

- “Hungry? Careful not to choke on your stupidity.” -

Second Son

• Awards Special Weapons EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Is this chestplate allowed??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2024, 02:10 AM »
It's probably the color rendering that's making it look that way - I expect that the dark strips are actually solid, just 'painted' darker and look like gaps.
That seller also has an option to buy them as a raw print, and the photo shows a solid chest piece.

They should be fine for a custom PI as shown.

Nyghtngale

• Testing out a mando name - Caia Elyze
Re: Is this chestplate allowed??
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2024, 07:29 AM »
Ohhh, that’s a good catch! I should’ve seen that.

Thanks!

- “Hungry? Careful not to choke on your stupidity.” -

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!