Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Boots and Glove question: Do Shistavanen's need them?

• 3 Replies
Good day.  I've posted some of my progress in the helmet section on my Shistavanen Mando.  I've reached the point where I need to know if Clawed hands and Furry (digitigrade stilts) legs will be acceptable, instead of boots and gloves.  Due to the nature of the beast (pun intended), the reverse leg joint stilts can't wear human boots, and Shistavanen aren't shown wearing them.  Originally I planned to make fur and claws, but I need to know if that will be accepted as a Mando.  Before I get to far on the project I need to know whether to skin them with fur and claws or make it look like a wolf shaped boot.

To give you an idea of what I'm doing, here are some links (not of me):

http://www.kimgrahamstudios.com/gal-legs.html

http://cornwalltube.com/index.php?key=digitigrade

Thank you for your help while I break into new territory.  I look forward to joining as an official member.

While tracking the last pure-blood Mando
The Tatooine heat got to Lando
He found no relief
From boxers or briefs
And ended up up going commando

Tobias

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Boots and Glove question: Do Shistavanen's need them?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2010, 08:40 PM »
I don't think a full boot would be required...but you may want to look at maybe making a few armored pieces to wear on the hands and feet?  While this is one of the more non-human looking species mandos we have come across, creatures like Bossk have proven that they do not need gloves or boots to "bounty up".

Please note to folks reading this, however...this only applies to this particular case.  Humanoid mandos should still wear gloves and boots.  Note that Ori'dee would be putting much more work into making specialized hands and feet...not just omitting gloves and boots because he is lazy. :P

It's definitely going to be a case by case thing.  Please be prepared to possibly take some criticism on which direction the costume should go from folks on the council and approval team.  I'm sure we can come together and figure something out.

Praetor Ordo

• Ibic cuyi haar yusta
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 12:46 PM »
I am really curious to see how this turns out...  I've likes the Shistavanen ever since Lucas took them out to make the new release of the Cantina scene.  This should be good...

Out of curiosity, are you going to mod the helmet with 'ear' space?

For those of you who are unaware of what this race looks like.  This is the drawing from The New Essential Guide to Alien Species.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 12:51 PM by Praetor Ordo » Logged
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 01:41 PM »
The helmet has holes for the ears to come out of the top.  The front of the T-visor will bulge out over the muzzle and teeth.  The muzzle will be removable though, so the scary face can show or not show.  Moreso, when the helmet is removed, the eyes will glow red (installed Terminator style eyes).

Between the digitigrade stilts, rubber mask with Terminator lenses, and helmet, I won't be able to see well and have to be careful not to fall.  I am planning a Pole-arm type weapon to help me get around in busy or bumpy terrain.

The other thing about this costume is when I remove the armor, I can be Jedi Master Voolvif Monn or Lak Sivrak from the cantina, or wear it with my Rebel Pilot gear.  I can change out at events and be four different Shistavanens.

While tracking the last pure-blood Mando
The Tatooine heat got to Lando
He found no relief
From boxers or briefs
And ended up up going commando

Tobias

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!