Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Glasses on interior?

• 6 Replies
Glasses on interior?
« on: Apr 02, 2024, 02:19 PM »
Hey there,

For context, I need glasses to see any more than about 15 feet in front of me. There is not room for a full pair of glasses underneath my helmet, so I had the idea of popping the lenses out of an old pair and attaching them to the inside of the visor. Is that alright to do?

-Aza

To f*ck around is human. To find out is divine.
Re: Glasses on interior?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2024, 04:22 PM »
I'm in the same boat, I wear bi-focal lens and have tried wearing a pair and doing the helmet shimmy to get it on over them and it works but it's not awesome.  I've got some older frames where I looked at attaching them to the inside of my bucket and see how that works.  I also bought a pair of VR prescription lens to try as well ( https://www.zennioptical.com/p/vr-inserts-meta-quest-3/VR70003?skuId=VR7000301 ).  They only come in single vision but I can live without being able to read  :D in my bucket. 

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2024, 06:28 PM »
Also curious to see if anyone has tips about with this. I'm in the same boat, my bucket absolutely cannot fit my glasses underneath and I'll be running into a lot of tables without corrected vision :laugh:

I may be little, but I pack a big punch. (And I'm not afraid to roll over your toes.)

Armor WIP
Soft Parts WIP

Second Son

• Awards Special Weapons EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2024, 07:16 PM »
Mounting corrective lenses inside your helmet is definitively allowed.
Some folks have used gas mask inserts, some have cannibalized old glasses and mounted them inside their helmet.
Others have used low-profile sport goggle style frames to fit under their helmets.

Whatever route you go, definitely make sure you can see well enough to get around safely.

Sharp

• Kad'la Verd
« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2024, 01:47 PM »
I also wear glasses but I wear contact lenses when I put on the helmet, if you have old glasses you probably can fit something in it if you have enough space

Ruug'la Carud

• kyr'am ra kote
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions Family events Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2024, 02:40 AM »
out of my four helmets i have one my glasses fit in comfortably, an nme death stalker, one i can get them into, a mynocks den recon, and two that i cant get my helmet on with them on. so last time i had glasses made i had a cheap pair made and cut off the arms and nose guards and made plastic clips to attach to the sides. i use velcro, either on the tab or suspended on a piece of velcro to attach the glasses inside the helmet. theyre a tiny bit further out than theyd sit if they were on your nose, but they work much better than not having them. i tried contacts but i have small eyes and they were more hassel than they were worth getting them in and out, so this was my solution.

in a stein forge

in a makerbak3d helmet

« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2024, 08:11 PM »
Mounting corrective lenses inside your helmet is definitively allowed.
Some folks have used gas mask inserts, some have cannibalized old glasses and mounted them inside their helmet.
Others have used low-profile sport goggle style frames to fit under their helmets.

Whatever route you go, definitely make sure you can see well enough to get around safely.

Thank you very much! Glad I'll be able to see from inside my bucket.

To f*ck around is human. To find out is divine.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!