Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jetpack styling question

• 2 Replies

Vin'nok Lorr

• Aliit Ori’shya Tal’din.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Jetpack styling question
« on: Apr 02, 2024, 09:52 PM »
Hello!

I am looking at the different jetpack styles that the various Mandalorians have worn in various media, and I had a question...

I am wanting to make a scout-type kit build and am wanting things to be more on the streamline/low profile side; get in, get out, minimum bulk getting in the way. After looking at all the jetpack styles, I have settled on the Bo-Katan style variant of the JT-12 jetpack as it appears to have a lower profile compared to the rest of the styles.

I wanted to ask if it is acceptable for a male presenting kit to use that style of jetpack as after rewatching various scenes in The Mandalorian, it appears that only the female presenting Mandalorians appear to use that style of jetpack. I looked over the CRL's for both Modern (my kit style) and Post-Imperial and found no style restrictions outside the "Failed Legacy/Canon" sections. And since there has been other Mandalorians on screen wearing that style of jetpack, could it call under the failed legacy/canon restrictions of that style of jetpack is allowed as above?

Thanks

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Jetpack styling question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2024, 12:01 PM »
I wanted to ask if it is acceptable for a male presenting kit to use that style of jetpack as after rewatching various scenes in The Mandalorian, it appears that only the female presenting Mandalorians appear to use that style of jetpack.

Hey Vod (brother or sister) there is no gender specifics in this club.  A jetpack found in the show can be used for a custom kit regardless of the gender.  If you like that jetpack style from The Mandalorian go for it.  I look forward to watching your WIP as your build out your custom.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 85
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Vin'nok Lorr

• Aliit Ori’shya Tal’din.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Jetpack styling question
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2024, 12:19 PM »
Hey Vod (brother or sister) there is no gender specifics in this club.  A jetpack found in the show can be used for a custom kit regardless of the gender.  If you like that jetpack style from The Mandalorian go for it.  I look forward to watching your WIP as your build out your custom.

Awesome! Thank you for the info!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!