Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tabor and Kione Iviinyc Weapons

• 35 Replies
Tabor and Kione Iviinyc Weapons
« on: May 09, 2010, 05:29 PM »
So our armor has fallen by the way side a little from our school and work schedules, but we've worked on our weapons a bit, so here's what we've got so far...

My wife's pistol ( $4.99 at Kmart), before and after:

And my new pride and joy, an HH-15 rocket launcher, or reasonable facsimile thereof:

This is what it should look like, pretty sure it's from Battlefront.

I still need to bondo it in several places before the painting and weathering, and I plan on sealing the cardboard with something before I paint it.  The rocket still needs a bit of work, and I'll be making two more to carry in addition to one in the launcher.

My wife is going to have an A280 blaster rifle as her primary weapon as well as her pistol and some pointy stabby things.  I'm planning on a DC-15 long rifle and a sidearm of some flavor.  Plus I'm working on some thermal dets.  My brother rigged up some sweet blinky light circuits in exchange for a finished det.

And one last picture, just for fun.

Comments are welcome,
Thanks vode.

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2010, 08:41 PM by Tabor Iviin'yc » Logged

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Tabor and Kaden Iviinyc Weapons
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 10:14 PM »
Dude, I want to see that rocket launcher finished! Very awesome.

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 02:20 AM »
Very cool!  Love the low cost pistol alternatives and I think that is only the second launcher of any type I have seen in all my reference searches!

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 06:48 AM »
For the rocket launcher, if you want to keep it cardboard you should coat it in fibreglass resin to strengthen and water-proof it.  :D

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Dude, I want to see that rocket launcher finished! Very awesome.

Thanks, I think it's going to come out pretty nice.

For the rocket launcher, if you want to keep it cardboard you should coat it in fibreglass resin to strengthen and water-proof it.  :D

The tube is left over from a mighty roll of industrial fabric, and the wall thickness of it is about 3/8".  It's pretty burly as is, but I do plan to seal it so that it paints nicer and doesn't soak up moisture.  Here's some pictures of my first thermal det in it's early stages.  I broke the soldering on some of the wires so the pretty lights don't work right now.  It's made of wiffle ball halves and the threaded section of a water bottle and it's lid so it separates in the middle to replace the batteries.  I haven't glued anything together yet, hence the rubber band.  There's a D-ring on the back to clip it to a belt. 

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 12:18 AM »
The water bottle lid middle section is GENIUS, man. I'd have never thought of that (but then again I never planned on making dets).

Shabla sapane, tion val borarir?

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 05:03 AM »
excited about the rocket launcher

definitely a sweet lookin BFG hehe

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

E'nam Atreuh

• "Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 10:28 PM »
Holy Shiznit! thats a funny pic...

« Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2010, 08:36 PM »
So it's been a while since I updated this, but someone asked about the det on another thread so I'll put up some new pics.

First det (gray) finished, second one (silver) parts done, but not guts yet:

Here's a newer one of the launcher too.  It still needs some detailing, plus the gray paint stuck better to the masking tape than to the silver undercoat.  That needs touched up.

Speaking of detailing, I've been wanting to add this since the Clone Wars episode with Hondo's pirates:

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Tabor and Kione Iviinyc Weapons
« Reply #9 on: Sep 07, 2010, 10:35 PM »
Love these, and very cool work. Keep it up!

Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!
http://www.ksimageryphotography.com

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2010, 10:37 PM »
*holds out hands* I can has rocket launcher? Pweeze? :D.

Jokes aside, that thing is in fact beastly. I like it ;D. Around about how much does it weigh? One of my roommates at DCon 09 had a custom rocket launcher that was nifty, but heavy as haran after more than a couple minutes of holding. Also, nice work on the thermal dets.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #11 on: Sep 09, 2010, 06:35 PM »
Jokes aside, that thing is in fact beastly. I like it ;D. Around about how much does it weigh? One of my roommates at DCon 09 had a custom rocket launcher that was nifty, but heavy as haran after more than a couple minutes of holding. Also, nice work on the thermal dets.

It's about 10 pounds or so and the rockets are about 2 pounds each (there are/will be three all together).  One will be loaded and the other two will be in a holsterish contraption to show them off.  I don't plan on carrying it for long periods of time anyway.  I'm going to try and rig it with a sling or ideally attach it to my future rigid backpack.  My wife is making fun of me because I'm wearing my gloves and knuckle plates while I type this, but I'm just happy that I didn't make any typos.  Besides, I'm pretty sure she did the same thing last time she was wearing her gear.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Hey, consider yourself lucky, MY wife laughs at me regardless of what I'm wearing!   :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2010, 07:57 PM by Jerek Darr » Logged

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2010, 07:52 PM »
Ten pounds isn't hugely heavy, but yeah, you'll definitely want some kind of sling-type thing-thing. And hey, when I first finished my helmet I wore it for about three hours sitting at the computer, so I understand the glove thing :P.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Bralor Skirata

• Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, burc'ya!
« Reply #14 on: Nov 01, 2010, 05:48 PM »
Very nice rocket ner vod! It looks almost World War 2ish

Mando'ade: Urakto, Jate'shya, Iviin'yc, Dralshy'a.
Mandalorians: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!