Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Naasad Tal's WIP - NEW BLASTERS - 8 Jan 2016

• 305 Replies

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 21 Oct 2014 - Spitballing ideas!
« Reply #270 on: Oct 21, 2014, 07:58 PM »
They are the TOR Jedi shknees from imperial surplus

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Naasad Tal

• Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 21 Oct 2014 - Spitballing ideas!
« Reply #271 on: Jan 16, 2015, 05:56 AM »
Greetings ner vode! I apologize for not posting in a while, but it's time for another upgrade update!

I just got approved for the Desert ops brigade & wanted to share the current state of my kit with you all. Below is a pic from our recent clan BBQ/Photoshoot (pic credit: Tony Julius)

The hose coming from the helmet is a camelbak drink tube which connects to a water bottle on my back that is part of my Desert Ops Survival Pack. It allows me to get a drink without the need to remove my bucket...below is a pic of my helmet with the canister & hose connected as well as a pic of the inside so you can see where the camelbak mouth piece sits (Yes, I can reach the mouthpiece so I can drink without removing my bucket ;))

& here is a pic of the pack...Shotgun, Beskad & Canister are included in the package & I LOVE the way it came out

I am VERY happy with the way my kit is looking now & I am getting closer & closer to my final vision for this stage in evolution of my kit!

I still have a couple things left to do to reach the end of my kit's current evolution, list below:
- new bandolier
- new holsters on gunbelt for my RC pistols
- new comm gauntlet

The goal is to have everything done for Celebration in a couple months & i'm on a good path to do so! Enjoy & as always, critiques & comments welcome!

Thanx for looking!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Takisir

• Great moments are born from great opportunity's
Absolutely, uh, borrowing that camel back idea. Genius.

Official Troops- 0 UO Troops- 5
I probably will mess up my picture links, so here-
http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Takisir/library/?sort=3&page=1
Desert theme, possibly Desert ops later on kit-  
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=82736.0

Naasad Tal

Thanx for the compliment Takisir & feel free to borrow away...that's why I posted it!

In case you're wondering, it's a camelbak hydrolink quick connect that attaches the hose to my helmet & the drinking tube is an off brand product that has a universal screw-top lid that can work with most standard water bottles...which is what the canister is.

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Takisir

Good to know, thanks.

Naasad Tal

Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 30 Jan 15 - Finally off the fence...
« Reply #275 on: Jan 30, 2015, 07:00 AM »
So I've been on the fence about something for a while & thanx to Kyra Zem, I believe I've come down off that fence...I'm going to be adding a second layer to my chest plates...stay tuned for details!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Takisir

« Reply #276 on: Jan 30, 2015, 03:55 PM »
Like trauma plate type things?

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2015, 05:40 PM by Takisir » Logged

Naasad Tal

« Reply #277 on: Jan 30, 2015, 06:10 PM »
Yupp

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Takisir

« Reply #278 on: Jan 30, 2015, 06:13 PM »
Nice! Needless to say I will be watching to poach and, uh, reinvent!your idea  :laugh: :laugh: ...but thats all the mercs if you really think about it  :laugh:

Russiya

• Live for today forget about tomarrow
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #279 on: Jun 24, 2015, 03:23 PM »
Your kit has been giving me inspiration from my start!

Naasad Tal

« Reply #280 on: Jun 24, 2015, 07:21 PM »
Thanx ner vod! I really appreciate that...glad it has helped

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Naasad Tal

Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 19 August 15 - new upgrades & opinions needed
« Reply #281 on: Aug 19, 2015, 05:48 AM »
Ok first & foremost, I appologize for not updating sooner, I have been busy with ALOT of other thigns & rela life gets in the way from time to time...without further adieu, away we go...

So recently I've had this idea about giving my mando a little more "post-apocalyptic" feel than it already has (most recent pic below...PCC 2015)

I've come up with a new poncho type covering that has alot of fabric around my neck, but what I'm having a hard time with is a gunbelt that looks post apocalyptic-y. Russiya came up with an AMAZING design that looks like something that someone lost in the Jundland Wastes would wear, but I don't want to completely rip off his idea, so using his design as a base & pulling from some inspiration that I always seem to come back to, I came up with this design...

My original idea did not have the chest strap/bandolier that it does now, due to the weight, I had to add that in order to keep my belt in place just above my hips, however, after seeing Russiya's belt, I REALLY wanted to get back to my original idea. This new design incorporates several belts (this idea was borrowed from Starkiller's training gear costume) with the widest sitting on top of all the others & hanging low on my left side. The widest belt would also have ALOT of the mauser pouches that have become so prevelent amongst the mercs. Sadly in my new design I had to abandon one of my main pistols, but I am trying to figure out a way to incorporate it back into the new design.

I have more upgrades in the works which include:
- New vest (should be in hand tomorrow thanx to Sidi Renn)
- New leg wraps
- Trauma plates
- New gauntlets (built from the ground up)
- I may also be redoing my survival pack

I would love your feedback on my new gunbelt design & also on my current plans for my kit.

I'll try to be better about updating...thanx for looking!!!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan

kiffren

• kiffren MMCC 0666 DZ-27182
  • Awards 2016 Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #282 on: Aug 19, 2015, 11:36 AM »
Why not just keep the two thigh holsters? Otherwise you could put your other pistol at the small of your back. I like the slanted belt idea quite a bit!

Russiya

• Live for today forget about tomarrow
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #283 on: Aug 19, 2015, 02:17 PM »
I'm liking the poncho thing I think if you do the larger neck pice with some sturdy leather to keep a nice shape and the drape of it with a thick weave of some sort it would turn out awesome

Mercy

« Reply #284 on: Aug 19, 2015, 11:41 PM »
I'm liking the gunbelt idea. Desert designs should inspire a sort of gunslinger/Pancho Villa/Josey Wales kind of vibe.

You know who I am. Even a monster such as you has nightmares.
Before you die...say my name...

Master Build Thread

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!