Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Naasad Tal's WIP - NEW BLASTERS - 8 Jan 2016

• 305 Replies

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 31 Dec 2015 - New Cover
« Reply #285 on: Aug 20, 2015, 02:24 AM »
thanx vode, I'm still undecided on the new belt design, my biggest thing is that my belt is pretty heavy & I don't want to have an overly sophisticated way of keeping it up. right now my bandolier does that job very well, but with the new design, I'm afraid id constantly be fighting with it no matter how tight I make the belt

« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2015, 05:06 AM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Naasad Tal

• Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 5 Sept 15 - Update time again!
« Reply #286 on: Sep 05, 2015, 04:48 PM »
First, progress on my current upgrades...got my vest in from Sidi Renn & started sewing the velcro on. right now its just the front plates, I still need to do the shoulders & the back.

I also got started on my new gauntlets...all thats left is to weaponize them  ;)

& now in keeping with the ever evolving look of Naasad Tal, I have drawn up what I think is the final version of the new covering Im going to be doing, I also drew in my trauma plates:

I plan to have a base layer that fully covers me front & back clear down to the knee, then I'm going to have a second layer in front that partially covers the base layer, then I will have an opening cut in the base layer for my new pack to go (pics of the new pack in a bit), I will also have 2 "tails" that hang down from my shoulders on either side of my pack on the back. The new cover is also going to have alot of fabricaround my neck which will double as a hood similar to this:

Now for the new pack, I am trying go for a more post apocalyptic look with my kit & I have always loved Leia's boushh costume (I already have the elctrostaff she carries), so I decided to once again turn to Boushh for inspiration & I am going to build a version of her pack seen below:

So that's where I'm at now...lemme know what you think

Thanx for looking!

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2015, 05:58 PM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Russiya

• Live for today forget about tomarrow
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #287 on: Sep 05, 2015, 05:18 PM »
I am liking where you are going with that pack there

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #288 on: Sep 06, 2015, 12:16 AM »
This is looking pretty awesome, vod.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #289 on: Sep 06, 2015, 02:02 AM »
Your kit is so inspiring. Keep it up vod! Love it

Naasad Tal

« Reply #290 on: Dec 28, 2015, 08:01 AM »
So...Looks like it's been a little while since I posted here & i first wanna say thank you all for the comments & compliments, it makes me happy to know that after all this time, I can still inspire with my build & hopfully the next wave of upgrades will prove to be more of the same.

& now onto the update...

I have reworked my new design a tad to include 2 holdout blasters & one main pistol this time around...new design below:

With this recent Blaster ban, it got me thinking that we will probably be seeing more of that as Disney likes to stay PC & I'm totally ok with that, I think I'd rather have no holsters than empty holsters. So with my new gunbelt system (which will pull double duty on my Starkiller next year), the holsters & pouches will be modular so they can be easily removed for when I don Starkiller.

I also plan to make myself new blasters, my new "Twins" are going to be 12in De-10s (something I have always wanted) & the main pistol is going to be a 15in modified version of this (bonus points if you can recognize it)...

The plans for new my backpack haven't changed so that will be the same, but let me know what you guys think of the current upgrade direction.

Thanx for looking!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 28 Dec 15 - more updates!
« Reply #291 on: Dec 29, 2015, 02:02 AM »
That gun is amazing for a base!

Formerly known as TheRevan1te

Naasad Tal

Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 28 Dec 15 - more updates!
« Reply #292 on: Dec 29, 2015, 06:29 AM »
Thanx Darius...I fell in love with it's design from the moment I first saw it.

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Naasad Tal

Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 31 Dec 2015 - New poncho done!
« Reply #293 on: Dec 31, 2015, 05:20 AM »
Got my new poncho done today & wanted to share it with you all.

I took apart my hooded trenchcoat & sarape, then pieced them together into this new poncho. the "hood" on this one is actually a long, wide sleeve that I can pull up over my helmet/head. There is also an opening in the back that will allow me to expose my canisters once they are complete. Lemme know what you guys think!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Russiya

• Live for today forget about tomarrow
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #295 on: Jan 12, 2016, 04:58 PM »
Wow   :o I'm in awe. I am making the exact opposite of a desert mando, I live on the Gulf Coast, so I decided to do an aquatic mando. I have to say as far as inspiration goes this has jumpstarted me! There is so much you did that I was trying to figure out how to put into plans. I can't wait to get back to it. Thanks for the inspiration! Oya vod!

Keeping the settlements free of beasties, one nexu at a time.

Naasad Tal

« Reply #296 on: Jan 13, 2016, 06:55 AM »
Thanx vode! I've had it out a couple times now & I couldn't be happier with it! Keep checking in as I should have some updates on my new belts & blasters very soon!

« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2016, 01:39 AM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan
« Reply #297 on: Jan 19, 2016, 12:43 PM »
Every time I see your kit vod I am even more inspired. Desert theme and all LOL!

Naasad Tal

« Reply #298 on: Jan 20, 2016, 03:39 AM »
Every time I see your kit vod I am even more inspired. Desert theme and all LOL!

Thanx vod, glad that I can still inspire as I continually tinker with my kit!

Wanted to share some pics from our anuual photoshoot/bbq from a couple weekends ago...this is the most current version of my kit, although I'm back in the shop & working on blasters this week so make sure to check back soon!

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2016, 01:00 PM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Darth Tenebrus

• brokar beskar'gam, kad'la ga'amur
« Reply #299 on: Jan 31, 2016, 04:44 AM »
Love the hood-new poncho, Vash the Stampede pistol & the Boushh pack. Will your water bottle be connected on the Boushh pack? I'm in my design phase still, totally going to use shknees.  Great looking kit!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!