Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Naasad Tal's WIP - NEW BLASTERS - 8 Jan 2016

• 303 Replies

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 26 Dec 13 - Dusting off the ol' WIP
« Reply #250 on: Jan 09, 2014, 02:16 AM »
had a Photoshoot this past weekend & thought I'd share a couple photos of the new Bucket & Paint in action:

The clan Cadre (we have 2 Ruus'alors)

myself & our Ver'alor

you can't really tell, but I have my Sarape on...people kept telling me to move it out of the way & after moving around the mountain it ended up hanging around my neck like a cape

I gotta say I'm super happy with the new look & I hope the upcoming changes will turn out as good!

Thanx for looking!!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #251 on: Jan 09, 2014, 03:54 PM »
cool pics vod

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #252 on: Jan 09, 2014, 09:36 PM »
Wow, that upgraded kit is sick. Especially love the hand print on the chestplate. :)

Svik Katora

• Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #253 on: Jan 16, 2014, 12:01 AM »
Great kit, love the desert colors.

Naasad Tal

• Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #254 on: Jan 16, 2014, 02:05 AM »
Thanx for the compliments ner vode!! Upgrades are on hold atm so I can finish up some Halo Marine Armor & a Halo weapon for an upcoming con...once im done I'll get back to my upgrades & the other kits I'm working on so keep checking back

Chris S. OM# 454
« Reply #255 on: Feb 27, 2014, 02:29 PM »
Amazing work! The whole process is flawless! Congrats!

Naasad Tal

« Reply #256 on: Jun 20, 2014, 07:53 AM »
so, it's been a bit since I updated, but now that Phoenix Comic Con is over I can focus more on the upgrades. I made a couple changes to my survival pack & I also drew up what my new look wil be...

New survival pack Concept...going with a pack I found at a surplus store, I ended up getting one for my Umbrella/Stargate kits & liked it so much that I wanted one for my mando survival pack...

New Shin armor...I've decided to join the ranks of Shknee users...

& finally here is the concept of my new look...think Resident Evil: Extinction meets Book of Eli with a little Tusken influence

not much, but at least I'm still working...I'm gonna hopefully get my upgrades going full steam ahead cuz I wanna see this new look come to life.

Thanx for looking!

Chris S. OM# 454

Nomit

« Reply #257 on: Jun 22, 2014, 05:05 AM »
looks VERY nice  :D

Naasad Tal

Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 26 Sept 14 - upgrade updates!!
« Reply #258 on: Sep 26, 2014, 04:45 AM »
Greetings vod!! Sorry for the long delay in updates, but it's time for one now!

Got my new lower armor done...went for a little heavier look

Got my new boomstick done too...

& now, a full shot of my kit in it's current state...complete with shoulder holster for the sawed-off westar

I also have started on my long journey to bucket epicness, something I've been meaning to do for the last almost 4 years...I have a LOT more electronics planned for my bucket, but for now...I HAVE FANS!!!

Still got a couple things to do for the kit...here's the list of what I still need to do:
New Bandolier/pouches
Survival pack
Water Resevoir
Holsters for my RC pistols
New comm gauntlet (yes, another version will soon be popping up)

Thanks for keeping up with me as I go thru this overhaul & keep checking back as I get closer to my new vision for Naasad Tal!

Chris S. OM# 454

Epyon Ca'tra

• “As you think, so shall you become.” - Bruce Lee
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #259 on: Sep 26, 2014, 06:09 AM »
YAY for a cooler head! lol, I really need to do that, you saw my head at the PCH troop when I took the busket off...waterfalls lol. I will have to come over and see the install vod ^___^

"Swift as the wind, silent as the forest, fierce as fire, immovable as a mountain..." -The Furinkazan
MMCC #929, SVC #55, E.M.T.S. #93, T.A.S.K. #7, Kilted Mandalorian Brigade #3, GH #8, MTS (Mando Tough) #32, B.E.A.R.D.S. #43, K.O.M.S. #29
Armor WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=68775.0

Naasad Tal

« Reply #260 on: Sep 26, 2014, 06:22 AM »
Definitely...the really nice thing is that the position of the fans keeps my fogging down too

Chris S. OM# 454

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #261 on: Sep 26, 2014, 02:44 PM »
Great Upgrades Vod ;D

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #262 on: Sep 26, 2014, 11:38 PM »
those Shins/knees though

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #263 on: Sep 28, 2014, 05:38 PM »
Westar-35 boomstick?  Dude, that thing is awesome... :D

Kit's looking good, vod.

Naasad Tal

« Reply #264 on: Oct 09, 2014, 11:11 AM »
Thanx for all the compliments ner vode!

At the recent Diamondbacks game troop, I was asked to hold a vibroaxe for a fellow costumer & several people suggested that a staff weapon would work really well with my new Desert Wander/Nomad look & I tended to agree. While the Vibroaxe is cool & all, I like to do things a little differently & I opted for a more exotic (yet still "in universe") staff weaponfor my kit & knocked this out in about 3 hours...

I always thought the Weapon Leia carries in her Boush outfit was kinda cool so I decided to make one for myself, I think this 7ft electrostaff fits very well with my new look...what say you guys?

Since adding the shoulder holster for the shotty, my shoulder strap doesn't stay up on my shoulder very well. I've tried a couple different things (small strap sewn into the shoulder of my vest between the front & back collar plates & a collar of sorts that I wear around my neck that loops around the strap) & nothing seems to be working, but last night at work I came up with a solution that may work & it's so simple that I feel dumb for not thinking about it sooner...a keyhole fastener! they look like a shorter version of the chain lock slide that you put on your doors & I use them to hang my Republic Commando pack (see why I feel dumb fo not thinking of it sooner :P). Gonna give it a shot & see how well it works -fingers crossed-

Thanx for looking!

« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2014, 11:57 AM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 9 Oct 14 - MOAR UPDATES!!!
« Reply #265 on: Oct 10, 2014, 02:49 PM »
Thats sooooo cool  8)

Svik Katora

• Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #266 on: Oct 12, 2014, 01:56 AM »
The electrostaff feels a little bottom heavy to me, the original one looked a little more balanced.

Naasad Tal

« Reply #267 on: Oct 20, 2014, 05:13 AM »
Painted the electrostaff & took it for a test run at our local Lego store during their annual Star Wars themed build day with the kids club...lovin the way it came out!

What's that they say about walking softly?...

Hopefully I'll be able to get some more progress made toward finishing up my planned upgrades

As always, thanx for looking!

Chris S. OM# 454

Naasad Tal

« Reply #268 on: Oct 21, 2014, 05:23 AM »
Please forgive the double post, but I'm sitting here bored at work & trying to come up with an idea for my new comunication gauntlet (got a new phone & it doesn't fit in the current one).

I have a couple ideas, but I am thinking about making the new one based off this concept art of the pip-boy from Fallout

I'm planning to modify the design substantially, but it will be similar as it works with the desert wanderer/nomad look that Naasad has going on right now. I really like the plate on the back of the hand & the circular design will be perfect for my holo-comm. I'm also planning to have the wire leading from the main substructure to the handplate & it will be attached to a slicer chip for hacking computers & doors.

The weaponry I have on my current communication gauntlet will retain their places on the new one & include a net launcher, Whipcord housing (will eventually get an actual whipcord), twin Grappel lines & hidden Garotte Wire.

Lemme know what you guys think & as always, thanx for looking!

Chris S. OM# 454

Naasad Tal

Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 21 Oct 2014 - Spitballing ideas!
« Reply #269 on: Oct 21, 2014, 07:58 PM »
They are the TOR Jedi shknees from imperial surplus

Chris S. OM# 454

Naasad Tal

Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 21 Oct 2014 - Spitballing ideas!
« Reply #270 on: Jan 16, 2015, 05:56 AM »
Greetings ner vode! I apologize for not posting in a while, but it's time for another upgrade update!

I just got approved for the Desert ops brigade & wanted to share the current state of my kit with you all. Below is a pic from our recent clan BBQ/Photoshoot (pic credit: Tony Julius)

The hose coming from the helmet is a camelbak drink tube which connects to a water bottle on my back that is part of my Desert Ops Survival Pack. It allows me to get a drink without the need to remove my bucket...below is a pic of my helmet with the canister & hose connected as well as a pic of the inside so you can see where the camelbak mouth piece sits (Yes, I can reach the mouthpiece so I can drink without removing my bucket ;))

& here is a pic of the pack...Shotgun, Beskad & Canister are included in the package & I LOVE the way it came out

I am VERY happy with the way my kit is looking now & I am getting closer & closer to my final vision for this stage in evolution of my kit!

I still have a couple things left to do to reach the end of my kit's current evolution, list below:
- new bandolier
- new holsters on gunbelt for my RC pistols
- new comm gauntlet

The goal is to have everything done for Celebration in a couple months & i'm on a good path to do so! Enjoy & as always, critiques & comments welcome!

Thanx for looking!

Chris S. OM# 454

Takisir

• Great moments are born from great opportunity's
Absolutely, uh, borrowing that camel back idea. Genius.

Official Troops- 0 UO Troops- 5
I probably will mess up my picture links, so here-
http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Takisir/library/?sort=3&page=1
Desert theme, possibly Desert ops later on kit-  
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=82736.0

Naasad Tal

Thanx for the compliment Takisir & feel free to borrow away...that's why I posted it!

In case you're wondering, it's a camelbak hydrolink quick connect that attaches the hose to my helmet & the drinking tube is an off brand product that has a universal screw-top lid that can work with most standard water bottles...which is what the canister is.

Chris S. OM# 454

Takisir

• Great moments are born from great opportunity's
Good to know, thanks.

Official Troops- 0 UO Troops- 5
I probably will mess up my picture links, so here-
http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Takisir/library/?sort=3&page=1
Desert theme, possibly Desert ops later on kit-  
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=82736.0

Naasad Tal

Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - 30 Jan 15 - Finally off the fence...
« Reply #274 on: Jan 30, 2015, 07:00 AM »
So I've been on the fence about something for a while & thanx to Kyra Zem, I believe I've come down off that fence...I'm going to be adding a second layer to my chest plates...stay tuned for details!

Chris S. OM# 454

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!