Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Naasad Tal's WIP - NEW BLASTERS - 8 Jan 2016

• 303 Replies

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: My Mandalorian Build - updated 29 Jul - Armor Plates shaped!
« Reply #60 on: Aug 06, 2010, 03:27 PM »

& I thought Id share this little Gem with you all...My Dets...

[/quote]

These are cool! Are you just taking the bottom of one and putting it on top of the other? If so, ingenious! Love it and will have to make some, if so...

Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
they are the bottoms of 4 of them (thanx for the Idea Tassone)

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
What did you use for the switch?

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Naasad Tal

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
it's wood & I used the cap off a water bottle on the bottom

Chris S. OM# 454

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
...again, nice work! I see these becoming a staple. Very nice work. I've got to start working on making some...

Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Yay air freshner dets!!!  I am so glad someone else sees the possibilities of these things. I have mine hidden away in the pouches that I wear on my kit. But I want to show then off so last weekend I decided I want to make a bandoleer so I can proudly display my creation. Cool beans and I love how your dets turned out. In fact all your work is looking pretty awesome. Good job!

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Sev Teriik

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Yay air freshner dets!!!  I am so glad someone else sees the possibilities of these things. I have mine hidden away in the pouches that I wear on my kit. But I want to show then off so last weekend I decided I want to make a bandoleer so I can proudly display my creation. Cool beans and I love how your dets turned out. In fact all your work is looking pretty awesome. Good job!

best thing about them is when they go off everything in the 20m blast radius smells pretty, as well as begin demolished =)

but to be serious , those are awesome

Double Tap : anything worth shooting, is worth shooting twice

Naasad Tal

Mine are going to be mounted lightsaber style to my belt on the left side back behind the pouches i will have on the front. & thanx again for the idea V.

Chris S. OM# 454

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Mine are going to be mounted lightsaber style to my belt on the left side back behind the pouches i will have on the front. & thanx again for the idea V.

Sounds like an excellent idea. Looking forward to seeing more progress pics and of course the finished kit. 2 thumbs up :)

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Naasad Tal

ok guys...one thing you need to know about me is that I am NEVER satisfied. as such I was working on a design for a female friend in colorado & the design i came up with for her peaked my interest so much that I had to draw one up for myself. I am still going to be a desert mando (we both will be), but the Duster wasnt really screaming "Desert Mando" at me (although I still plan to make it & use it as an upgrade later on). this is the design i have come up for us, our armor will be different & the wraps will be made out of different materials to seperate us slightly but I wanted us to kinda look the same, not carbon copies but similar, A Mando couple if you will (its part of our backstory).

so here is my new design, my blasters & rifle will be still be there.

& the one I drew up for her (I'll let her do the WIP)

let me know what you guys think about the designs & how you feel about Mando Couples dressing similar

Thanx for looking

Chris

« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2010, 02:51 PM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454

Naasad Tal

Re: My Mandalorian Build - updated 13 Aug - New Covering!
« Reply #70 on: Aug 26, 2010, 01:55 PM »
ok guys...time for an update, not much but here you go...

Here's my armor as it stands, all pieces are shaped & most have been painted with a coat of silver (the rest will come when I get some more $$$), I had to re-shape my shins & boots so that's why they arent painted yet. I was able to get some "battle damage" in my chest & back too.

& the reshaped shins & boots...

Also my bucket is ready for bondo FINALLY!!!

I hope the Bondo & paint stage takes a while otherwise im gonna have to stop procrastinating & start on my...DUN DUN DUN...Gauntlets...AHHHHH

LOL anyway let me know what you guys think & as always, thanx for looking!

Chris

Chris S. OM# 454
What did you use for the eye pieces? It doesn't look like paper to me.

Zahr

Naasad Tal

What did you use for the eye pieces? It doesn't look like paper to me.

Zahr

it's Foamies covered in Fiberglass resin

Chris S. OM# 454

Naasad Tal

Ok guys...Had a VERY productive weekend!!! Got my Armor PAINTED!! still need to work on my knees but I am to the point where I can start putting my Armor on my Vest...

Here's the Pics!

lemme know what you think!! I'll be getting the armor mounted tomorrow & then I'll post up some pics of that.

Thanx for looking,

Chris

Chris S. OM# 454

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: My Mandalorian Build - updated 30 Aug - Armor PAINTED!!!
« Reply #74 on: Aug 30, 2010, 11:03 AM »
wow! that looks great! i love how smooth your shins look!

Teren Clan

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!