Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Naasad Tal's WIP - NEW BLASTERS - 8 Jan 2016

• 303 Replies

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - Updated 21 Oct 10 - Weapons are done!
« Reply #90 on: Oct 23, 2010, 01:38 AM »
No biggie...we all feed off each other...I got the idea from tassone phoenix...thanx V!!!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #91 on: Oct 23, 2010, 02:14 AM »
No biggie...we all feed off each other...I got the idea from tassone phoenix...thanx V!!!

Your welcome. It is true we all borrow and modify ideas from each other. I like your dets better than mine anyway :)

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Bariikas Talgal

• Welcome the critics, and abandon the cynics
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #92 on: Oct 23, 2010, 02:20 AM »
They should have a more spherical shape to them. nothing a little modding can't solve :D

Naasad Tal

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #93 on: Nov 12, 2010, 09:25 PM »
ok guys, finally got my hands on a computer (being without SUX) so I was able to get my knees done (minus the knees darts) here they are as they sit...they will be slightly off-center to make the darts fly straight

lemme know what you guys think I will be working on my gaunts this weekend & when I get a chance I'll put up those pics too

as always, thanks for looking

Chris

Chris S. OM# 454

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - Updated 12 Nov 10 - Knees done
« Reply #94 on: Nov 14, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Nice job.  ;D

Naasad Tal

« Reply #95 on: Dec 02, 2010, 08:28 PM »
ok guys, another brief update (no pics yet though as I still have no access to a computer) since the CRL changes ive had to change the material for my jacket & loin cloth/girth belt, im going to be using a  dark brown "fashion denim" for all items. ive started work on my gauntlets & did a quick test fit of my girthbelt/loin cloth using some black duckcloth I had from my starkiller costume, I'll get those pics up as soon as I can. I couldnt decide what items I wanted to put on my gaunts so I put em all on, below is the load-out for them:

left gaunt:
-wrist comp (will have full QWERTY board with mando'a letters replacing the english ones)
-dart launcher in front just behind my wrists which holds 5 darts
-net launcher mounted on bottom half of gaunt

right gaunt:
-poison kit holding 2 syringes (no needles) & a few viles of different colored liquids
-another dart launcher in front with another 5 darts
-on the bottom of this one will be 5 mini rockets
-oh and of course your standard issue flamethrower (Boba style)

I also have my gunbelt planned out. Ima do a double Han Solo style rig, with 6-8 pouches split evenly on either side of the front buckle, on my right side ill have 2 dets, on the left will be a droid caller as well as some other random greebs, attached to the back "buckle" will be a stormy style canister which'll serve 2 purposes: it'll be my flamethrowers fuel tank, but will also be a place to stash my shades when im not wearing them ;)

ok that's it for now, not much, just wanted to get you guys opinions on my plans & let you know, im still working

thanx for looking,

Chris

Chris S. OM# 454

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #96 on: Dec 07, 2010, 11:00 PM »
Amazing work on the plates!
I was wondering how did you scratch up the plates like that?
Any tips for me since i'll be painting my plates soon?

Naasad Tal

ok guys, here they are...the pics I have been promising...

Test fit of Girth Belt:

"re-paint" of left chest piece:

Belt Design:

Gauntlet progress made:

Droid Caller (threw this together in about an hour):

the girth belt was just some black duck cloth I had & wanted to see what it looked like, the finished belt/loin cloth will be brown, but lemme know what you guys think of the girth belt placement, I think that the belt itself needs to be narrower & the loin cloth needs to be wider.

Also would like some feed back on the belt design, it is going to be made out of leather for the gunslinger look I have going on

& as always, any critiques & advice is welcome on anything I post up here...I should be able to get more regular updates as I have a relatively steady means of computer access.

Thanx for looking,

Chris

Chris S. OM# 454

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
The girth belt should be below the belly plate. But everything else looks great!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
i actually think the girth belt is fine where it is. i wear mine high to help cover the gaps, but it'll look different when he has his gunbelt on.

Naasad Tal

Hey guys, sorry I have not updated this thread in so long, I have been without reliable computer access for about 7 months (let me tell you, ITS BEEN HELL!), the good news is I recently got myself a brand spankin new smartphone (thank you uncle Sam) & just this morning I found out that I can use it to upload pics from photobucket to here (ALL HAIL THE GALAXY S 4G!!!) So it may take me a couple days, but I will start working on gettin you guys up to speed with what  I have been up too in my forced absence...I look forward to hearing back from you guys & getting critiques & comments as well

Thanx for being patient & looking

Chris

Chris S. OM# 454
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - Please excuse my absence
« Reply #101 on: Mar 12, 2011, 05:39 AM »
realy likeing ur kit one of the better new kits ive seen keep it up and keep posting pics

"From that day forth my arm changed and a voice rang out power give ME MORE POWER! And if I become a demon, so be it. I will endure the exile. Anything to protect her."

Naasad Tal

Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - Please excuse my absence
« Reply #102 on: Mar 12, 2011, 04:23 PM »
Ok guys here we go with the progress & completed pics ive gotten since I posted an official update...

First, my helmet...still in progress but makin progress...

Still gotta ways to go, but if I can get over my fear of it, maybe I can get it finished up (or mostly) this week. I got the welding shield for the visor as well as the ear pieces & all the other odds & end greebs im gonna use on it

Next, my right gauntlet...

Just gotta attach the feed tube for the flamethrower...the left gauntlet still has, a aways to go yet

Now, my gunbelt...gotta small design change (compare to above pic)

Still gotta get the pouches (how they comin Josh?) & gotta mount the dets & flamethrower fuel tank

Got some new "toys"...a hold out blaster which sits in a cross draw holster on my gunbelt

& I was thinkin one day "I got close range covered as well as  reach out & touch someone, but no mid-range weapons", so I redesigned & rebuilt my rifle, & without furthet adeu, I give you "The Beast 2.0"

I moved the "windage computer" to the left side with the canister, put a removable power pack on the right & it now has interchangable barrels, still got the 36in one to reach out with, but it also has a 13in for a more verp look & feel...my adika wanted to pose with it...

...how could I say no ;)

& finally got my flight suit...

Also got the fabric for my trench & girthbelt/loincloth thing, got those knocked out  & did a quick test fit...

Still gotta ways to go, but as I said, still makin progress...lemme know what you guys think, as always comments & critiques welcome

Thanx for lookin,

Chris

Chris S. OM# 454

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - updated 12 Mar 11 - FINALLY got those pics up
« Reply #103 on: Mar 12, 2011, 04:31 PM »
wow! i love that verpine! nice job on it! makes me want to redo mine xD
And as for the robe thing, looks good! make sure you add a few taters to it so it looks used, like maybe some burns?

Teren Clan

Naasad Tal

Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - updated 12 Mar 11 - FINALLY got those pics up
« Reply #104 on: Mar 12, 2011, 04:47 PM »
Im working on weathering the jacket & loincloth/girthbelt this weekend, got some blaster strike holes in the jacket, but theres still alot more weathering to do on it...ill put up more pics onve I get em

Chris S. OM# 454

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!