Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Naasad Tal's WIP - NEW BLASTERS - 8 Jan 2016

• 303 Replies

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - updated 12 Mar 11 - FINALLY got those pics up
« Reply #120 on: Mar 13, 2011, 12:12 AM »
Robe shmobe ! I still think it look's good  ;D Smock ! or Trench coat ! Whatever ! It will look different when the bucket is on etc ..
you forgot toga  ;D :D

Teren Clan

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #121 on: Mar 13, 2011, 03:08 PM »
Just wanted to clear up a couple concerns that some folks had...

1st, the heat in AZ...the material is a light breatheable linen & doesnt add, much if any, extra heat or weight to my kit

2nd, the amount of fabric...yes it is alot of fabric, but it could worse, I deliberately chose not to do sleeves for this reason. As for using it to cover up armor, thats the point, on a desert planet (where my character works) like say, Tatooine, the native populice (tusken raiders, etc) wear layers to protect from sandstorms & the like, my jacket serves this purpose as well as concelement in a crowd, even though the armor may be conceled for the most part, it is all still there & when I submit my app, I was planning on doing the pics without the jacket so the armor can be evaluated for what it is.

3rd I absolutely hate the cod piece so I want to keep the loincloth,  I know, that it adds even more fabric but I think that it adds a little extra over the top uniqueness to my kit

I actually will make 2 of the  changes to the jacket that Cyrus suggested...ill keep the hood but maybe shorten it (although the pic is without boots & with them on the bottom of the jacket is about  2in off the deck) & then ill do the slit up the back, itll go from the bottom of the jaclet to about my waist

Thank you all for the comments & advice, I truly appreciate everything being said aboug my kit whether its good or bad, so please it coming

& to Kel T, the gunbelt came from my own head, with a little bit of  inspiration from Han Solo's...but im glad you like it ;)

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2011, 03:13 PM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #122 on: Mar 13, 2011, 03:41 PM »
At least you have a plan lol.

I did a Tuskin based Mando for my son. Gave him a kama and loincloth (bleh   :-X ) but, it works with the kit. I also gave him a shemagh which rides around his neck but could wrap the helmet as well.

One thing about fabric... it's a tricky beast.... heavy fabrics look by far the best, more "realistic" to the movies but, they add alot of heat. Lightweight fabrics for capes, kama's and loincloths are certainly more comfortable but, they tend to look "costumey" or "Halloweeny".

Maybe try shortening the loincloth to no longer than midthigh. I think that will help alot too. It's at or below the knee's now.

Naasad Tal

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #123 on: Mar 13, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Thanx PJ, Ive had so many ideas & plans go thru my head with this whole that most nights I cant sleep cuz my brain wont tuen off...ahhh costuming ;) 

shortening it may work, I have done some heavy weathering to the loincloth & I think once I get it on with the rest of the kit it'll work out, I did actually end up shortening it about an inch due the weathering

Chris S. OM# 454
« Reply #124 on: Mar 13, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Trench coats don't have hoods, which might be why some viewers are skewing towards "robe" or "cloak" instead of "duster" or "trench coat." I mean, you can call it whatever you want, but a real-world trench coat has a very specific look that this doesn't fit into. Also, I really like your paint job but it seems like, especially with the flash, the plates kinda fade into the vest. Maybe you could add a third color to make the plates "pop". It looks like your stuff, armor and soft parts, is well made, so I'm just trying to help you go from "good" to "wow"

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #125 on: Mar 14, 2011, 06:21 PM »
I have been obsessed with a video game so I haven't seen your thread recently. Sorry :( but I have to say I love the update.  I really love seeing the progress of your kit.  I think it looks sick even with the fabric. When I think of lots of fabric layers that look good I think of Tuskens, Jedi, and Star Killer.  Keep up the good job man  ;D

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Naasad Tal

« Reply #126 on: Mar 14, 2011, 10:52 PM »
Thanx V, ive kinda been obssesed with a game too...what one has you?

Chris S. OM# 454

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #127 on: Mar 15, 2011, 12:10 AM »
Dragon Age 2 had me hooked. I bought it on Tuesday when it came out and played it every day when I can. I am like 35 hrs in this thing. I love it!!  What are you playing?

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Naasad Tal

« Reply #128 on: Mar 15, 2011, 12:13 AM »
Pokemon White, shhhhh dont tell anyone...oh wait ;)

Chris S. OM# 454

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
« Reply #129 on: Mar 15, 2011, 12:19 AM »
Pokemon White, shhhhh dont tell anyone...oh wait ;)

Lol. Nice! Hey to each their own :)

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Naasad Tal

« Reply #130 on: Mar 24, 2011, 08:16 PM »
At long last...its a bucket!

lemme know what you guys think!

Chris S. OM# 454

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Naasad Tal's WIP - updated 24 Mar 11 - BUCKETS DONE! pics up!
« Reply #131 on: Mar 24, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Looks good! I see you went with My idea for the back vent cover!   ;D ;D ;D

Naasad Tal

« Reply #132 on: Mar 24, 2011, 10:00 PM »
I did indeed...thank you oh fearless leader ;)

Chris S. OM# 454

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
« Reply #133 on: Mar 24, 2011, 10:33 PM »
Killer looking bucket!!

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Shevla Ram'ser

• Osik, they have a tank...
« Reply #134 on: Mar 25, 2011, 10:08 PM »
Kinda making me feel like "wolf" in my head. I like it.  I may have missed it, but what type of buy'ce is that?

"If it's 'NERF or nothing' , I choose nothing..."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!