Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Starting armor (Flight suit first)

• 3 Replies

Vhetin Manda'Dral

• Lee "the Flea"
Starting armor (Flight suit first)
« on: May 19, 2010, 02:29 AM »
Being with the Empire Strikes Back anniversary coming up its a good time to start work. First step was the design. Actually got the idea from a couple of things. First was the Janissary armor from the first Mass Effect. You could only use cheats to get it and pics can be found here: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Janisarry_Armor . Then in issue #7 of the Kinght of the Old Republic comic, and mandalorian next to Rolan in gray, brown, gray blue armor, with a green cape thing caught my eye. So I've decided to combined them together.
First a dark brown flightsuit.  Armor on the shin, chest, and arms. Shins will be gray blue, chest stomach area will be a slight lighter brown, while the rest of the chest and armsand gauntlets will be white or a very light gray. The helmet will be the basic Jango design, but white or very light gray, with gray blue around the visor and a brown stripe down center, but actually more to the left of the center. I'll add a kama, because I always liked those, and it well be gray green.
My gun is going to be desgined off of a rifle from an Episode III clonetrooper figure that had a winged jetpack, but I'll add some M-14 elements to it.

So that's the plan so far, but the first step is the flightsuit. And checking out ebay and the rest of the internet, a brown flightsuit is a no go, so I'm going to invest into a gray one, and dye it brown.
I think I may pick up a Hawaiian shirt for fun for the Firefly referense...
I'll post the picks when I get it.

"This skull repersents what I am. And it will the last thing my enemies see before joining Arasuum..."

A'den Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Starting armor (Flight suit first)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:06 AM »
did you try:
www.georgia-outfitters.com
They may have a brown one, and if not, I'd try contacting them and seeing if they know someone who does: they're really nice folks and quite helpful!

Vhetin Manda'Dral

• Lee "the Flea"
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 03:39 AM »
Just picked up the flightsuit for $40. Its tan, so I'm going to dye it brown this weekend. Does anyone have any dying recommendations?
Will post pics tomorrow.

"This skull repersents what I am. And it will the last thing my enemies see before joining Arasuum..."

Zevlar Rayco

• MMCC197 M.A.J.I.C 59
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 03:49 AM »
Rit dye is a godsend. a little secret I learned a while back is to over dye then wash the excess out this way you get a good rich color and it takes a bit longer to fade

"Let your woes become your deadliest weapons."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!