Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tahls new plated belt

• 14 Replies

Tahl Taab

• Tahl Buir shall return!!!!!!
Tahls new plated belt
« on: May 19, 2010, 11:55 AM »
not sure if this belongs in the soft good section or not? It's going to be a bunch of those black aluminum pates bolted to a belt (minus the Kama strap eyelet) and four of my new chop-glass with wood core ammo boxes.

so far the mold works great and need to get the chop-glass smushed in better on the next one but all in all pretty good.

the belt is an old gi pistol belt, in the back I have a few widths of plating to use ( for fit), the sanded down box is the ammo box, and the gray wooden thing in the right is the mold.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/redleg1-7FA/100_4818.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/redleg1-7FA/100_4819.jpg
in this one, the center two plates (by the clasp) are already riveted in place. the boxes and tubes will be in tomorrow most likely and the other plates will be a work in progress since I snapped my metal cutting band saw blade (gotta hacksaw them now)

This one the front is as it will be but  I still have to cut out a lot of plates for the back section.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:50 AM by Tahl Taab » Logged

E'nam Atreuh

• "Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
Re: my new belt (WIP updated 23 May10 )
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:42 AM »
when will we see these in production?

ray'K

• cat# 0238
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:24 AM »
bad-A!

Tahl Taab

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 11:50 AM »
I dunno about making a run of them, I don't think most would like the price and especially the shipping, this thing weighs a nice few pounds. I guess I could research a bit and gather my receipts and try to come up with a price? I would also keep all the plates the same size on any others, I kinda want to keep mine different, that and I have more additions to come later (kama, thermal det tk style, and a few others)

But anyway, I got it done today and I took a few pictures.

what ya think?

Zerath_Drachnyd

• Formerly Omega_Dragoon_Wolff
Re: Tahls new plated belt
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 03:59 PM »
Awesome, how well can you move still

Over the river, through the woods, to raid your grandmother's house we go.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 04:08 PM »
Shiny ;D. I remember seeing pics posted on facebook, but I didn't take a closer look; now I know I should have :P. Excellent work, as always, burc'ya.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 04:55 PM »
Very cool!  Definitely gives a space sci-fi look to the belt.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 05:21 PM »
VERY nice! Do you mind a bit of emulation in my next design?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Tahl Taab

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 07:59 PM »
VERY nice! Do you mind a bit of emulation in my next design?

go for it

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 11:29 PM »
Nice work, that's an awesome belt!

ray'K

• cat# 0238
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Jun 01, 2010, 01:11 AM »
*jealous*

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #11 on: Jun 01, 2010, 08:53 PM »
Hell yeah, I'm diggin' that belt!  Very nice way to sci-fi up an earthy belt.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Jun 01, 2010, 08:54 PM »
fancy! I like it.  :)

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Tahl Taab

« Reply #13 on: Jun 02, 2010, 09:31 AM »
thanks for the kind words everyone, now I just need to get a few shots with it on my kit and see how it really looks. I just hope I don't need to make suspenders to help hold it in place, it seemed to stay where it was with regular clothing on and since it's been pre-fit for my flight suit and layers it should be a bit tighter looking when actually on.

As I mentioned before about this belt, the cost to make it alone ( for anyone wanting to make their own) is around ~$70 give or take, and you'll need a few basic tools (drill, hack saw/metal band saw, drill bits, driver bit, & rivet gun)

If anyone else wants a parts break down I'll hook ya up, just let me know.

Ca Loar

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #14 on: Jun 02, 2010, 10:02 AM »
Yes! Very Nice! I'll be "borrowing" the look for my new kit in the near future. I f ya don't mind. I've always liked the plated look, This'll go nicely with the trooper style pouches  I created.
Cheers!

[img]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11245490_677274702400729_7769850639631025562_n.jpg?oh=d6e4bfb8c89920e3690b9ac545515935&oe=5613E63B[img]

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!