Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

ghilling a mando?

• 17 Replies

lonewolf1183

• THE Executioner
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: ghilling a mando?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 11:32 PM »
Here's my two sense- now remember that I always approach mando design from the direction of making it look like it belongs in the star wars universe, so you can take what I say with a grain of salt.

I think it would be very interesting to have a covert sniper-esque mando with a camo wrap/ cover thing.  Now, for this to be Star Wars-y in nature you should absolutely not use current type camo netting or a traditional current style ghillie wrap.  You should do a cloak type shroud or poncho like what we see luke wearing.  In the Star Wars universe there's never this type of fuzzy camo net ghillie suit.  The camo was custom dyed/ painted onto a fabric cloak/ cowl/ duster/ etc.  In my opinion you should never use something that is readily identifiable to today's world.  Star Wars had a sort of low tech-high tech WW2 feel to it.

Again, this is just my opinion, and I'm pretty crazy in how I stay grounded to the movie universe, so you don't have to pay too much mind to me. ;)

THE Mandalorian Executioner
Dum spiramus tuebimur
Member #299

CraxyD

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 07:46 AM »
Here's my two sense- now remember that I always approach mando design from the direction of making it look like it belongs in the star wars universe, so you can take what I say with a grain of salt.

I think it would be very interesting to have a covert sniper-esque mando with a camo wrap/ cover thing.  Now, for this to be Star Wars-y in nature you should absolutely not use current type camo netting or a traditional current style ghillie wrap.  You should do a cloak type shroud or poncho like what we see luke wearing.  In the Star Wars universe there's never this type of fuzzy camo net ghillie suit.  The camo was custom dyed/ painted onto a fabric cloak/ cowl/ duster/ etc.  In my opinion you should never use something that is readily identifiable to today's world.  Star Wars had a sort of low tech-high tech WW2 feel to it.

Again, this is just my opinion, and I'm pretty crazy in how I stay grounded to the movie universe, so you don't have to pay too much mind to me. ;)

But you make sense at the same time

Tsikala bal Verburyc

Ke'nari ori ra ke'slana yaim

helmet 65-70%
armor 75%
soft parts 15%
weapons 50 %
boots 0%

Tor K'lumph

• ni oyacyir tor de kad
« Reply #17 on: Aug 13, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Since we are Mandos perhaps we should LET the enemy see us. Then they might have a chance....

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!