Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question on vest

• 8 Replies
Question on vest
« on: May 28, 2010, 10:37 AM »
So what I gatehr is the vest is where the plates are actually attached. I have an old paintball chest porotector and was wondering if by covering the logo then attaching my plates will it count as an acceptable "vest"?

Here is a pic of it here.
 http://www.xpaintball.com/images_big/PGJTFCPXPB_large.jpg

If this isnt acceptable can anyone throw out some suggestions.

Re: Question on vest
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 11:01 AM »
I'm not an Apporval Team  or Council member, but if a molle vest works, can't see why that wouldn't. I'm not a personal fan of it, but it should work. You'll have issues sewing velcro to it though!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 12:26 PM »
Yea I have been thinking bout how to do it but im creative and think I can come up with something.

Dar'manda

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:26 PM »
I'm not a fan of modern military MOLLE vests or other modern tactical nylon vests for flak vests, or really anything that isn't necessarily similar to established mando armor vests.  However, should you use this My suggestion would be to do something like replace the elastic bands with leather belt blanks, or a more canon looking synthetic webbing.  The thin elastic just wouldn't look right in my opinion.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 02:30 PM »
It could certainly work as these or the Molle type vests APPEAR to be of a similar style to what's used with the Legacy armor ad also simialr carriers are seen in earlier era's. I myself use a Molle vest but, you wouldn't know by looking as the vest is about 95% covered by armor. That would be my suggestion here. If you use this vest, you can easily bolt the armor to it rather than velcro it on. Use the shape of teh vest to your favor by useing the known Fett or Legacy style armor design but tailoring it to the shape of the vest. It would make for some cool armor.

Corvax

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 02:55 PM »
I have one of those.

You must either be small or a kid because it is too small for comfort on me (average tall adult male).  If your armor is mounted on it and you do not reinforce the velcro, it  will collapse under the weight. 

Where would your shoulder armor go? 

I would say no go on it personally.

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 03:04 PM »
I agree with Corvax as that is originally what I had gotten to mount my armor on.  Once I had my plates it was very obvious that this was not going to work for me.  I am also 6'2 205 lbs.  Would work well for me for paint ball but not as an armor vest.  I say no go on this.  For the price you can double it and get a nice vest.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 06:50 PM »
Thanks for the opinions so far. I think I will try for something different, I was just thinking since I already had it and was buying a new paintball vest for my team play anyways I though I could put it to use. I do like the idea of changing the elastics to leather though.

Corvax

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 07:57 PM »
Keep the vest for another costume (I bought mine for a Hannibal King from Blade Trinity). 

The best bet is to get someone to make you one for your Mando.

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!