Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sweater approval for under armor?

• 22 Replies

Chow Yun Fett/Jarkiv Vaird

• a.k.a Jedi Elvis
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Sweater approval for under armor?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 12:14 PM »
Considering how hot I got in the sun yesterday, that sweater would have made you pass out in about 7 minutes, tops.  THe set looks good, man!  Not that I have any official opinion though, I just think it looks good.

You're either predator, or you're prey.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 12:43 AM »
If the belt is at your waist level or/and where you plan to wear it when suited up, your vest needs a major trim. For Jango style plates, the bottom of the vest should stop right at the top of the belt. For Boba sized plates, the vest should stop at or just above your belly button. In either case, the belt shouldnt go over the vest, it will cause much wonkiness in your future!

Racin Kyram

• Mess with the Best, die like the Rest
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 05:40 PM »
I wore the belt higher than I normally would to keep the vest from opening.  I still have to seal the front of the vest and then cut the sides so it opens from the sides.  There are flaps on the bottom of the vest.  Would I need to cut the flaps off?

M-Psy

• The Mando Paparazzi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 05:45 PM »
Lookin' good!  I think you can keep the vest flap there if you you really want to.

THERE!!! I CHANGED IT TO M-PSY!!!

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 06:05 PM »
I would suggest cutting them off for two reasons...

1. That's how it's suposed to be done
2. It will cause funky bunching if you don't.

Lifeburn

• This is the time to attack!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 07:55 PM »
Yes listen to A'den. The vest should stop right at your belly button. It looks a lot better than having the vest tucked underneath the ammo belt.

Racin Kyram

• Mess with the Best, die like the Rest
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Roger that!  I will post pix for approval the vest is done.  Now...where to buy a sewing machine that sews leather?  ;)

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Jun 19, 2010, 12:07 AM »
Hey vod what is the link to the hoodie on your first post?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!