Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Another girth belt question

• 3 Replies

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Another girth belt question
« on: Jun 10, 2010, 08:29 AM »
Hi, all.

I'm really not diggin the horse girth belts for my custom. I used a 2 1/2 inch wide belt for my ammo/gun belt and the pouches are going to be around 4 inches tall, so the standard 4 1/2 inch wide girth I keep finding is looking pretty weak (and almost completely disappearing). Has anyone ever tried sewing or clipping two of these together to double the width? I'm thinking about 8 inches wide would look much better than what I have now, but can't seem to find if anyone has ever done it before.

I guess I could just make my own and make it whatever width I want. But if this would work, it sounds a whole lot easier.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when
Re: Another girth belt question
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2010, 08:31 AM »
Honestly, if you're going to be doing two, it *would* be easier to make your own.. 8" or so is going to be HUGE and just look awkward. I'd say cap it at 5"-6"... There is a tutorial on tk409's site (google tk409, click on the boba picture) of how to make a boba style one, so all you'd need to do is add a row(s) to it!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Dar'manda

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2010, 09:28 AM »
You could just make your own.  I use cotton clotheline and dye it with RIT dye.  You can stack em as high as you like. 
Another thing you can do is have either the gear belt or the girth belt hang around your waist at a bit of a 'jaunty' angle- you know, slanted a little to expose it more on one side or something.

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2010, 10:31 AM »
Thanks for the help. I'm going to have to wait on the cod piece to get here before I decide what width I'll need. After looking at the pics my son took and seeing the gap between the belts and the ab plate (not to mention the fact that you can barely even see the girth belt for the gun bely without the pouches), the 4 1/2 inch wide one is just not even close to the look I want. After I get the cod piece in, I'll try it with a few strips of cloth to see what I want for the girth belt width and probably go ahead and make my own. I may even sew it to a solid back belt of some kind (most likely a vinyl since I have TONS of that around the house) to help keep the strands together more like the Jango belts.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!