Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Motorcross Boots

• 21 Replies

Racin Kyram

• Mess with the Best, die like the Rest
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Motorcross Boots
« on: Jun 01, 2010, 01:22 AM »

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Motorcross Boots
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2010, 09:35 AM »
did i read that right? these are being solds at $100.00 off the MSRP?

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2010, 10:39 AM »
Yep, those would work, nice find.  Would you armor color match it?

Those who wander aren't always lost.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Not bad, and it looks like they're in a fairly constant supply too.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2010, 01:08 PM »
This is a cool find, going to have to do more research on these to make sure they will be comfy to troop in...

Great work!

Ajax

Ajax Kaal
Member #414
Forward, always forward!

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2010, 01:24 PM »
I use old motorcross boots for my Mando and really like the look. These look really cool and only appear to have a small logo to hide on the front (mine required a complete shin plate to cover the massive logo on the front padding).

If you have never worn this type of boot before, a couple things to look into. Most MX boots are on the small side. Best to order a size up from your normal shoe. I didn't do this and mine are a bit cramped (mostly lengthwise). Also, be sure to get a decent insole. Most of this style boot I have seen does not have very good padding on the bottom of the foot (which kinda makes sense since you are not usually walking around in these and need to feel the pegs to make sure your foot is positioned correctly while riding).

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when
« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2010, 01:39 PM »
I would be careful on the Mototcross boots, or motocross anything. I'm pretty positive they fall under sports equipment. So they may need so modification.

Founder of M.A.N.T.A
Mandalorians Against Ninja Theme Armor

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Jun 01, 2010, 02:03 PM »
These boots may actually work well if you took that logo image off the front padding. 

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Racin Kyram

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jun 01, 2010, 02:32 PM »
I'm used to costuming and the thing about motorcross boots is they're a bit stiff.  The ankles are protected and thus slightly hinders your movement.  They are comfortable, usually have a lot of padding on the inside.  My armor is going to be mainly white.  The log is a plastic/rubber 3D design which I will X-acto off to its flat.   ;D

« Reply #9 on: Jun 01, 2010, 02:33 PM »
They sound like they'd work awesome for me, with the problems I have with weak ankles from my foot constantly breaking.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Jun 01, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Nice find, and they come in black too!
http://stores.ebay.com/gproducts4u_Protective-Gear_W0QQ_fsubZ1827921015QQ_sidZ702863205QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322
Couple more options for boot design, I'm eyeing the black ones, not sure which to pick yet. They look awesome though!
I'm thinking the ATV ones since the rest of the boot will be hidden under armor.
But for those going with a lighter set of armor, the Gladiator or Aggressor would definitely look fairly sleek and in universe.

« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2010, 03:36 PM by Thaxos » Logged

Racin Kyram

« Reply #11 on: Jun 02, 2010, 03:11 AM »
Just ordered my pair.  Will post pix and stats when I get them.

No'saj Huune

« Reply #12 on: Jun 02, 2010, 10:00 PM »
Thanx Thaxos, totally forgot to check for the sellers other items.  Unfortunately the Gladiator is out in my size, but the Aggressor looks promising.

Icknaybob, yes please post the pics and let us know how they work out for ya.

Racin Kyram

« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2010, 04:35 AM »
As promised...

The boots w/ my WIP armor n vest.

Side view...

Bottom:

Toe:

Boot Details:

Buckle System:

Oh snap!...literally!!!

Inside padding:

Back of the boots:

Racin Kyram

« Reply #14 on: Jun 09, 2010, 04:42 AM »
Review:

eBay Price: 69.99 w/ Free Shipping (in the USA)
Retail Price Online: $100+ (plus S&H)

All I can say is WOW.  For the price and quality I am really impressed.  The padding inside is nice and comfortable.  I recommend wearing a nice thick pair of wool socks with these boots.  As I thought, the ankles are solid and movement of the feet themselves are not possible.  When you walk, its like you're marching or even goose stepping!  Walking up and down stairs require caution, but other wise is not too shabby.  The boots do squeek and clang as you walk from the materials bending the toes hitting the floor.  The boots will add a nice 1.5" - 2" to your height.  I do worry about the buckles as they snap in place.  There are 3 buckles on each boot and a velcro system on the top.  The edge has a nice seal as well.  Over all...8/10 stars.   ;D 

No'saj Huune

« Reply #15 on: Jun 09, 2010, 11:47 AM »
For some reason those boots just scream "Galactic Marines 21st Nova Corps".  They look great but the lack of movement is a concern so I may have to pass on these.  Once you get the logos off you should be good to go.

« Reply #16 on: Jun 09, 2010, 11:50 AM »
Damn I wish I could afford these! They would work PERFECTLY!

twistedxknights

• A.K.A. Thomar Ca Verd
« Reply #17 on: Jun 09, 2010, 03:16 PM »
hmm.. take off the logos and then ad some mercs logos back in there on some plastic insert pieces..

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #18 on: Jun 09, 2010, 03:27 PM »
Wicked, I need to get myself a pair...

« Reply #19 on: Jun 09, 2010, 03:30 PM »
The brown ones are CHEAP and would work nice if not for the camo under-tone bits T_T

Racin Kyram

« Reply #20 on: Jun 09, 2010, 04:10 PM »
You can always paint over the camo or cover it with plates of some kind. 

E'nam Atreuh

• "Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
« Reply #21 on: Jun 09, 2010, 09:37 PM »
those are killer.. but its too hot for me in Florida

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!