Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Scyce Customs. Mk2 V1 HSMP

• 2 Replies
Scyce Customs. Mk2 V1 HSMP
« on: Jun 01, 2010, 04:40 PM »
My backpacks got... thrusters? haha
The latest addition to my kit is a thruster pack designed not for aerial combat but for high speed melee combat.  Va'an hate's jetti, this much we all know, but Va'an also learns from the jetti .  This pack was designed  to mimic a force-users ability to dramatically increase their run speed for a charge or even for a quick escape.  
As this pack was designed to be used in melee combat, and against jetti, it has a lock-down(currently awaiting a patent) for a vibro-beskad.  since vibrating mandalorian iron takes so much more power than a normal pack can handle, this docking station allows for a quick recharge of the internal power source.  
Light-weight and stylish this first version of the HSMP (High Speed Melee Pack) also has an internal compartment for storage of small possessions or small body parts needed as proof for some bounties.   Also equipped, is a flamethrower hose attachment.  store as much or as little flammable substance as you wish!  Modifications will soon be made available that will augment the type, and the viscosity of whatever liquid one might want to wash his target in.

this is a first version, no in progress pics.  I still have to attach it to the backplate and i still have a few mods i would like to add.  i need to make the cutout for my digital readout.  

« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2010, 08:32 PM by Va'an Scyce » Logged
"Welcome to the end of your life... and yes, I promise it's going to hurt."  - Vegeta

Re: Scyce Customs. Mk2 V1 HSMP
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2010, 04:27 PM »
Cool! I like it! What did you make it of?

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur!

Plates:30%
Soft parts: 0%
Helmet:0%
Weapons: 0%

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Scyce Customs. Mk2 V1 HSMP
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2010, 06:00 PM »
Looks like one of those motorcyclist hard packs. I like the idea, in theory, but all I can picture is you using it on broken terrain. You're zooming forward, toward or away from an enemy, when your foot gets caught on something and your thruster-pack ends up slamming you face first into the ground :P. Still, it's a kind of cool idea.

Also, and not to smash your creativity at all, but the thing with beskade isn't not having enough power, it's that the molecular density of beskar is supposed to be too high to vibrate it effectively in the way of a vibroblade. It wouldn't be so much needing more power, as needing a material that wasn't quite so dense. Though it'll only be we mando-nerds that get the difference, you might be better off saying that it's a vibroblade enhanced with cortosis, rather than a vibro-beskad.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!