Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

flightsuit junk

• 7 Replies

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
flightsuit junk
« on: Jun 02, 2010, 01:25 PM »
does anyone know the best way to mount the pieces to the jump suit

any comments

Official Merc # 433        M.A.J.I.C  # 050   
 Buffet Brigade #5
helmet wip: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79576.0

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: flightsuit junk
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2010, 01:45 PM »
Which pieces do you refer to?  All of the upper armor plates mount to a flak vest/carrier vest.  The only plates that would "mount" to the suit would be the lower armor, but most of that is held on with straps around the legs.

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2010, 01:06 AM »
yeah i meant to say the flak jacket  what best for that

Buffet Brigade #5

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2010, 09:20 AM »
Buying one from the trading post or making one using the many many resources listed here in this section.

Baelin Halon

• The Reclaimer
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2010, 12:05 PM »
I'll assume your question is how to mount the plates to the vest.

There are numerous methods.

Velcro, snaps, magnets, bolts. i've even heard of someone gluing the plates directly to the vest.

"Best" is all in the eye of the user. My current kit uses velcro. I find it to be very secure and holds up to moving around. Other guys in my clan use snaps and swear by them.

Warrior of the Blue Ribbon

M.A.F.I.A. Co-Founder
M.A.N.T.A. Member
B.O.O.M. Member 004
V.O.T.S. Member 038
Cabur Akaata Member 003

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #5 on: Jun 03, 2010, 02:38 PM »
then i shall give the velcro a try

Buffet Brigade #5

Dar'manda

« Reply #6 on: Jun 03, 2010, 02:41 PM »
Buy sticky for the armor, sew-on for the vest.  Don't use sticky on the vest, it won't stay on it's own, and NEVER sew sticky velcro...it's nearly impossible and will break needles on a sewing machine.

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #7 on: Jun 03, 2010, 10:38 PM »
yup learned that one the hard way

Buffet Brigade #5

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!