Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Boots... Y? N?

• 18 Replies
Boots... Y? N?
« on: Jun 07, 2010, 06:26 PM »
Hello everyone. I would like to get some opinions on some boots.

:P

Jorg Mereel

• There are far worse things awaiting man than death
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Boots... Y? N?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2010, 06:36 PM »
They look good! Not the usual type... very swarzy!

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2010, 07:07 PM »
They look good! Not the usual type... very swarzy!

That's because they're Anakin Boots :D

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2010, 07:15 PM »
That's because they're Anakin Boots :D

Really? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

;D

I found these at some clothing online retailer that specializes in steampunk attire. hmm...

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Really? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

;D

I found these at some clothing online retailer that specializes in steampunk attire. hmm...

They're not exact matched, but I've seen those boots before, they are based off Anakin's boots, though

Adennuur Mdej

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2010, 10:18 PM »
They look good and as long as you aren't as whinny as Anakin,  ;D :D ;D They are great!!

"We're not huddled in one place-we span the galaxy. We have no species or bloodline-so we can rebuild our ranks with others who want to join us. We're more than just a people or an army. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas"
-Ranah Teh Naast

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2010, 10:49 PM »
I, personally, am a huge fan of Anakin's boots (though I like Obi Wan's boots more! :)).  These pass my test.  Go for it.

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 08, 2010, 11:36 AM »
Thanks guys for chiming in! I'll probably order these and if I don't end up using them for my mando i'll use them for something else... an anakin outfit.  :D

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jun 08, 2010, 01:12 PM »
Thumb up from me...they look good.

« Reply #9 on: Jun 08, 2010, 01:37 PM »
I have seen in pics on here of someone's armor that they have used them anyway.  Who cares if they were Annie's boots!  They are sweet!

Arrias Karynthar

• The "Medic"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #10 on: Jun 10, 2010, 03:49 AM »
I have seen in pics on here of someone's armor that they have used them anyway.  Who cares if they were Annie's boots!  They are sweet!

And I'm sure if you add some shin plates and/or foot plates, they wont even be recognizable as Anakins boots.

"Don't worry!!! I've got Clone Wars Band-Aids!"

M-Psy

• The Mando Paparazzi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Jun 10, 2010, 03:55 AM »
Looks good!

THERE!!! I CHANGED IT TO M-PSY!!!

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Jun 10, 2010, 10:12 AM »
lmao I got this image of a mando walking through Mustafar a short while after ani and obi's fight (just for a midnight stroll).... When suddenly, whats that?.... 2 severed legs? o.O... HEY THESE BOOTS ARE AWESOME!.... Does the other leg match this boot?..... IT DOES!....

*looks around suspiciously*

.... MINE!

*runs away with both legs/boot full of joy*

THE END....

Sorry but thats what popped into my head XD....

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Jun 11, 2010, 07:09 AM »
Drak beat me to it. In my version though, I would of taken the legs out of the boots, but to each his own :P

Anyways back on topic. Those boots should be easy to add shins and or foot armor to. Should work out well.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Dar'manda

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Jun 18, 2010, 01:45 PM »
I don't really see a problem with them.  Especially if you add some greeblies or details to them just to change them up a bit.  I've actually seen a pair of these in person.  I will tell you that you'll  need to add glue or velcro just to hold the shin pad in place.  Its just loose, so it was sliding down on the person who i saw wearing them.

CraxyD

« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2010, 02:00 PM »
lmao I got this image of a mando walking through Mustafar a short while after ani and obi's fight (just for a midnight stroll).... When suddenly, whats that?.... 2 severed legs? o.O... HEY THESE BOOTS ARE AWESOME!.... Does the other leg match this boot?..... IT DOES!....

*looks around suspiciously*

.... MINE!

*runs away with both legs/boot full of joy*

THE END....

Sorry but thats what popped into my head XD....

Kandosii!!! OMG I want to try and draw a comic strip of that sooo bad now.
I really like those Alizarin but as far as boots go, I'm desperately wanting to get a pair of these

Tsikala bal Verburyc

Ke'nari ori ra ke'slana yaim

helmet 65-70%
armor 75%
soft parts 15%
weapons 50 %
boots 0%

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Jun 18, 2010, 02:05 PM »
oh man!, tanker boots! I used to have a pair back in the day. those are awesome. maybe I'll get a new pair.........

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

CraxyD

« Reply #17 on: Jun 18, 2010, 02:23 PM »
I had a pair too... Cap toe and heel with insanely narrow (1/2in I think) straps. Squadron commander had a pair of Cavalry boots done up like tanker boots. Made all of us jealous... Even the Cav Scouts.

Tsikala bal Verburyc

Ke'nari ori ra ke'slana yaim

helmet 65-70%
armor 75%
soft parts 15%
weapons 50 %
boots 0%

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #18 on: Jun 18, 2010, 02:31 PM »
Kandosii!!! OMG I want to try and draw a comic strip of that sooo bad now.

lol please go right ahead :P

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!