Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bren Sett's Soft parts

• 7 Replies

Bren Sett

• Concept
Bren Sett's Soft parts
« on: Jun 10, 2010, 04:17 PM »
ok..I have an old pair of motorcross boots. Unfortunately, they were bright red, and I am attempting to make them black. Not so easy. I have tried using black shoe polish after sanding of the finish, but it didn't work so well. Now, they have been painted with a soft paint. If anyone has any suggestions that are inexpensive, please feel free to chime in.
Also, I will be using an old military issue flight suit that is olive drab.

A man never mounts so high, as when he knows not where he goes.

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Bren Sett's Soft parts
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2010, 07:02 AM »
What are the motocross boots made out of? If they are completly made out of leather, you might want to see if you have a tandy leather anywhere near by (or you can you can look them up online, I think it's www.tandyleather.com). But beside leather and leather crafting tools, they sell leather dyes and other leather treatments that might help you in changing the color.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Bren Sett

• Concept
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2010, 12:46 PM »
Thanks for the tip. They are made of leather. I tried sanding them down a little then painting them with fabric paint. That only kinda worked. I'll have to try the dye. Unfortunately, my funds right now are at an all time LOW.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Thanks for the tip. They are made of leather. I tried sanding them down a little then painting them with fabric paint. That only kinda worked. I'll have to try the dye. Unfortunately, my funds right now are at an all time LOW.

They have dyes and what they call 'acrylic leather treaters/sealers' that are usually under $4.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2010, 01:43 PM »
the leather dye i get at a local store only runs about 4 to 7 dollars. And its pretty easy to apply and finish.

work, work, work

Bren Sett

• Concept
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2010, 11:06 AM »
Thanks!!!!! What brand and what stores would I find this in?  I think I can swing it, if the price stays under $10. (Funds are at an all time low- my wife lost her job, and my job barely keeps us afloat)

« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2010, 05:11 PM »
Tandy leather is the best bet. Google and visit them!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2010, 06:51 PM »
You also can make permanent spats to go over the boot if you paint enough of the edges black. Just a suggestion if you wanted to do something easier and less time consuming. Here's an easy tutorial on youtube I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfxGVQ3WpSc&feature=player_embedded

Threadbanger is the best with tutorials. I'm sure you could find others though if you wanted to go this route.
Ignore all the steampunk stuff in the beginning. They get down to business asap.

I don't wanna change the world... I just want to leave it Colder.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!