Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

boots?

• 34 Replies

Mafio

Re: boots?
« Reply #25 on: Jul 05, 2010, 09:22 AM »
funny enough:   The Neighbors  of the Friend of mine   get used   when  Nazis  and Sovjets  are loading  there gear and equipment  into there cars  in front of the house.    guess thats called a jester's  license   ;D

Drake

• OM #0047 ¦ BVC ¦ Merc Veteran '07
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #26 on: Jul 05, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Even here in Florida we constantly get thanked for our service (when we leave the hotel room or are en route to an event), even when I am in my German uniform.  People these days...  :rolleyes:

Even the old people ask me if I am in "the service" and if I have gone to Afghanistan.  :D

[PAGES 1-7 DETAIL ZABRAK MANDO, 7-∞ DETAIL STEEL LEGACY] : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=38505.90
Drake Manufacturing: https://www.facebook.com/DrakeMfg/
« Reply #27 on: Jul 05, 2010, 03:44 PM »
lol they are behind the times the only thing  i hate about the new uniforms is the digital camo i just think its really ugly and i dont think it camos much

Leader of the swtor clan mandalorian warriors if you are getting the game and you want a clan just send me a message

Mafio

« Reply #28 on: Jul 05, 2010, 04:04 PM »

AFAIK the digital camo  is no pattern because  its  made  randomly.    There exist camera's which can  spot out unatural colors (like black)  and  Pattern    (but face it... you will never have the problem with  an enemy whos actually using this tech in the next 50 jears )

The digital camo  is more focused  on  tricking your eye  more than  an  round and pattern   Camo  can do.

« Reply #29 on: Jul 06, 2010, 12:50 AM »
ive also been seeing stuff on a guy who created a fabric that can bend radio waves if he makes improvements on it soon camo will be exactly invisable and u wont see anything except a mussle flash maybe

Leader of the swtor clan mandalorian warriors if you are getting the game and you want a clan just send me a message

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #30 on: Jul 06, 2010, 01:54 AM »
So, how about those mandalorian boots?   :P  ;) *chuckle*

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar Mendrosè
« Reply #31 on: Jul 06, 2010, 03:18 AM »
im still lookin cant u find some jack boots at a horse riding store

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #32 on: Jul 06, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Tall equestrian boots can start at about $70 for the really cheapo ones and get up into the hundreds of dollars fast. Could probably try to find some used, but I don't know how comfy tall riding boots are to walk in all day. Even my ankle ones aren't something I like walking around in for more time than it takes to saddle up and go. Not that they're extremely uncomfortable, but one can find other boots that are more so.

Could always look for some leather half chaps, too. Though some of those are just as expensive as the boots themselves.

ETA - Also, if you don't mind used, ebay. Search for tall leather boots, though you'll probably have more luck finding what you're looking for in the Costume section rather than Men's Shoes.

« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2010, 02:28 PM by Kora Solusar » Logged
We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar Mendrosè

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #33 on: Jul 06, 2010, 03:02 PM »
Riding boota also tend ot not come in larger sizes. For many makers, anything over 12 has to be custom ordered. Hence, $$$. Fun Star Wars trivia, notice how many shots of Tarkin don't show his lower legs. Since they couldn't find boots big enough for his feet, most of his scenes were shot with him wearing his slippers. For the few long shots, he crammed his feet into riding boots about two sizes too small.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Drake

• OM #0047 ¦ BVC ¦ Merc Veteran '07
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #34 on: Jul 06, 2010, 04:19 PM »
Exactly. The ACU digital design is supposed to disrupt the human silhouette from an aerial camera. The pixels are supposed to camouflage the wearer from drone's and other aircraft, both UAV and manned. Apparently it works, as it hasn't been upgraded too extensively since its inception.

[PAGES 1-7 DETAIL ZABRAK MANDO, 7-∞ DETAIL STEEL LEGACY] : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=38505.90
Drake Manufacturing: https://www.facebook.com/DrakeMfg/

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!