Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Klyn Voddher's first custom mando

• 145 Replies

rdhawk

• Dont laugh, it works.
Re: Klyn Voddher's first custom mando
« Reply #25 on: Jul 07, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Lookin good! Be sure to fix the spot on the right side of the bucket (perspective when wearing), unless that's either planned weathering or gonna be covered by the ear caps.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #26 on: Jul 07, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Thanks ner vode  ;)

Lookin good! Be sure to fix the spot on the right side of the bucket (perspective when wearing), unless that's either planned weathering or gonna be covered by the ear caps.

Yes, it'll be covered by earcaps later on. The left earcap is going to be like the one on Boba's helmet, but i can't decide wether i should make the right one like Boba's aswell and add a RF or if i should use a straight antenna with a custom earcap.

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #27 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:54 AM »
*Bump*

Pictures of the helmet, still not finished, with better resolution.

« Reply #28 on: Jul 27, 2010, 11:30 AM »
Well done, I love the sharp lines! Paint scheme looks even better in day-light.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Jul 27, 2010, 04:29 PM »
Nice, I love the Mandalorian Protector look.

Ms. Lanna

• Sind wir nicht alle ein bisschen Jawa?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 29, 2010, 05:09 PM »
Like how the yellow contrasts with the green. I hope to find that mirrored in the gam, too.  ;D

Gedin'la verd miit'goran.
I am the very model of a modern Mandalorian.

Armour: shiny :D
Weapons: pen (mightier than sword...)
"What would you have me do?"   "Endure."

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #31 on: Aug 04, 2010, 11:30 AM »
I am planning to do so, yes. Codpiece and kneearmor in yellow and tigh and shinarmor in green again. Oh and the bootarmor is green also  :D

Jango Jet

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #32 on: Aug 05, 2010, 12:43 AM »
Sounds good! Looking forward to see the whole set  :)

Verd ori'shya Beskar'gam - Ein Krieger ist mehr als seine Rüstung

Fenn Shysa-Build:

Helmet: 60%
Armor: 80%
Softparts: 100%
Weapons: 50%

Nickname: Shiny

Ms. Lanna

« Reply #33 on: Aug 06, 2010, 02:34 PM »
Cool.
I want to see pics.  ;D

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #34 on: Sep 12, 2010, 10:11 AM »
Surprise!

I am still alive and the helmet is now finished.

(all parts are made of Sintra, fibreglass and thick sheets of paper)

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #35 on: Sep 12, 2010, 02:33 PM »
Love it Vod  ;D I like the way you did damage to your ear cap. Thats really cool that you put circuits in there.

« Reply #36 on: Sep 12, 2010, 04:09 PM »
you really make the most of the scratch building & customization. Cool detail!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #37 on: Sep 12, 2010, 04:29 PM »
Thanks vode  :)

Got the idea with the circuits from a custom mando helmet i saw in a fanmovie somewhere. Can't really remember where exactly it was included. But i thought it'd also fit to the not so perfect shaped dome  ;D That overall used and messed up look.

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #38 on: Sep 29, 2010, 06:23 AM »
bump

new pics here:

Brisk Arper Vok'chi

• Wasnt born! he was government issued!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #39 on: Sep 29, 2010, 06:53 AM »
you look good so far vod...but one piece of advice.....you need to round the point of that cod plate out otherwise it will stab you in the privates it fou try to move at all

other than look its looking awsome bro!

« Reply #40 on: Sep 29, 2010, 07:26 AM »
Gaunts: Looks like they will fit snug with the flightsuit on. How do you close them? Velcro on the edges?

2nd Testfitting: The scratch built helmet really makes a huge diffrence and puts the costume into proportion. Chest plates look smaller on the white vest, maybe the stripe pattern has something to do with it as well. The spacing between collar and chest plates is too big compared to the others.

Ideas:
- move chest- and stomach plate up 2cm
- tighten girthbelt so it moves up and closes the gap, the utility belt can sit lower.
- this should bring the vest closer to the body so it looks less bulky underneath the plates.
- distress vest, darker hue on the sides could bring out the white stripes on the plates.

- close the gap between shoulder bell and collar plate with accessories.

Maybe a cape holder on one side. Wookiebraids would look too Boba and Rego already has some. Maybe a short, thick trophy or some technical device or the strap of a harness?... I guess it depends on the gauntlet-accessories. Fürther accessoeries would also help to tie in the black belts.

Right now the whole kit is very bright and clear in color, as if it was taken from a 80s graphic novel. The question is, do you want to develop it along that somewhat perfectionistic line or distress and darken it?

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #41 on: Sep 29, 2010, 09:54 AM »
You have a very nice Protector kti coming along here. As for the spacing, I prefer the plates a little tighter however, your current spacing is almost dead on Boba Fett. The random thigh plate is interesting. What's the story there? LOL. Youre really getting close. Looks like there may be a little extra fabric in the vest. Might want to cinch that up, it really should fit almost like a second skin.

Ms. Lanna

« Reply #42 on: Sep 29, 2010, 11:33 AM »
I like the shiny look.  ;D
*oh shiny.....*

I miss the gaunts on the pic. Can you attach them already?

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #43 on: Sep 29, 2010, 04:39 PM »
Thanks vode i'll take another look at the things you mentioned.

@Brisk

Actually it does not stab me anywhere, since it's just held onto me by the girthbelt and as a result it's really flexible and comfortable. Even crouched it doesn't press against anything. Gladly.  :D

@Tomoe

I just made the gauntlets in about 2 hours for SpaceRitter event to have smth around my arms atleast. And yes i will attach velcro on the inside, but i bended them in a way that the inner part pushes it's form onto the outer part. Makes it quite stable.

The problem with the chest plates is that i used velcro with glue, so it'll be kinda hard to unmanagable to move the plates up without velcro lying blank. So i thought of moving down the collarpiece instead whilst pulling down the vest itself on the rear. Will make the overall torsoarmor move upwards a little more.
Note: i had noone to close the vest for me on the back when i shot the picture anyway, so it didn't fit that tight in the neck.

I was already thinking about weathering the vest aswell, but i didn't really know if i should just throw it in the dirt or use smth special so it ain't too much on some spots.

Cape is already being made by me. I just have to color it and put a symbol on it. Maybe the clan's symbol, since i didn't paint it anywhere else on the 'gam.

There's no weathering on the thigh, arms and codpiece armor, because my metallic paint was empty and a spraycan of these was quite too expensive, when i made these parts. But there will be some changes in weathering, definately. But i don't know if i can manage to do that till SpaceRitter.

@A'den

The problem with my plates is that they are quite flexible due to the velcro i used. Some edges don't even touch the vest perfectly. Have to put some more velcro into these spacings. The random thigh plate was just for more flexibilty, random look ( ;D ) and i wanted to have one of the tigh pouches for actual usage. Shin plates won't be attached. I am quite happy with the look atm. Foot plates are going to be attached to the black boots soon.

@Ms.Lanna

There'll be dirt!!!!  ;D

They can't be attached by now. I will post more pictures, when my cape, gloves, boots and trophies are ready.

Xarxes Starkiller

• Its old gregg!
« Reply #44 on: Sep 29, 2010, 10:34 PM »
man, i really like this yours to me looks like it stepped straight out of a comic loving the colors nice helmet and really liked those nikes i have a leather pair myself wear them almost everyday xD

And I am aware now of how
everything's gonna be fine one day
Too late, I'm in hell I am prepared now,
seems everyone's gonna be fine
One day too late, just as well

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #45 on: Oct 13, 2010, 10:55 AM »
This is the best overall shot of me that i could find but it's one with everything on. I made another bigger cape, which i will add to the green one. It'll be attached at the ends of the collar piece to cover the whole back, since i ain't got a good backplate. Pics of me with the backcape will follow ASAP.

Ms. Lanna

« Reply #46 on: Oct 13, 2010, 10:59 AM »
I like the set.
You looked great on the Spaceritter. And you didn't fall apart.  ;D
Go for the eyes!  ;)

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #47 on: Oct 13, 2010, 12:58 PM »
Thanks vod.
Well the glued on knees did fall apart, but just when i got out of the suit  :D

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #48 on: Oct 13, 2010, 01:09 PM »
I fondly remember how we all stood in that chamber with nothing to do, and you...
just stood there looking awesome.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #49 on: Oct 13, 2010, 01:14 PM »
your kit is coming together very nicely, you've done great work so far. a couple of suggestions though it might not hurt to weather your plates up a little to match your flightsuit and maybe add some shin armour to balance out your thigh plate. also and again only a suggestion, is too add some greeblies to your gaunts. it doesn't want much, but they just look a little bit too bare.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!