Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flight Suit Logistics Issue

• 15 Replies

Vyther H'Teos

• Here then gone, here then gone, here...
Flight Suit Logistics Issue
« on: Jul 17, 2010, 03:38 PM »
I'm going to be blunt. How do you drop the browns off at the super bowl in full beskar without taking it all off?

I had thought about rigging up a footy-pajama style butt flap onto my flightsuit (which would be covered by my kama), but I wanted to know if there were better ideas out there.

A wannabe Mando without the resources to satisfy his perfectionist mindset.

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Flight Suit Logistics Issue
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2010, 03:43 PM »
Two piece.

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar Mendrosè

Vyther H'Teos

• Here then gone, here then gone, here...
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2010, 02:14 AM »
Well, that's a lot simpler. However, I already have the flight suit. Hmmm...

A wannabe Mando without the resources to satisfy his perfectionist mindset.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2010, 02:41 AM »
If you don't go with a two-piece, the short answer is that you pretty much don't. Of course, you could always install a butt-flap, like the old school (wicked, wicked old school) longjohns.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2010, 07:39 AM »
If you'd go to the extent of installing a butt flap, you could just cut the flightsuit in half at the middle and install a separating zipper or a few snaps to hold the two pieces together.  Instant two-piece.

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2010, 08:37 AM »
"People ask me all the time -So Tony, how do you go with the suit on?-  Well the truth is..."
::awkward face... shift in pose... look of relief::
"Just like that..."
-Iron Man 2-

Sorry...this discussion just brought that moment to mind and I couldn't shake it.

-Shiv-

"There is always more money to be made as an independent contractor"   - Boba Fett Motivator Poster

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2010, 12:18 PM »
You don't is the easy answer... Once you're fully suited up it's more than a paint to go even with a 2 piece kit. Make sure you balance your water intake to sweat output so you don't have to go pee until the event is over, make sure you take care of #2 before you suit up and if you think you're having stomach issues that day sit it out.

Corvax

« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2010, 06:58 PM »
Well... Depends.

Get it?!   :D

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

Chasbar Baar'atin

• Artillery/Heavy Weapons Spec
« Reply #8 on: Jul 22, 2010, 08:58 AM »
Heh...
               Advanced Tech, Galactic Struggles, Powerful Force Users...

But the reigning problem is still...
                                                                     How do you go with the suit on?  ;D

I totally hadnt thought about it... Crap.   ;D

Anyone who said brute strength didn't solve problems, obviously wasn't using enough of it.  Ca'nara cetar'narir, mando'ade, Oya!

Jare Hasan

• Clan Murraan PR Officer
« Reply #9 on: Jul 22, 2010, 09:13 AM »
I myself have Crohns disease, so I never know when I have to go and when I do...I have to go NOW.
So when I kit up for a troop, I take a couple of Immodium about 30 minutes before.
Locks everything up real good.

There's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

Zerath_Drachnyd

• Formerly Omega_Dragoon_Wolff
« Reply #10 on: Jul 22, 2010, 11:01 AM »
I totally hadnt thought about it... Crap

Thats exactly what happens

My plan is just to start running toward the little Mando's room full tilt with a trail of armor behind me..................... I'm gonna have to invest in a two peice for my V2

Over the river, through the woods, to raid your grandmother's house we go.

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Jul 29, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Well... Depends.

Get it?!   :D

I was thinking the same thing!

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Jul 30, 2010, 11:16 AM »
Simple solution:

PGD aka "Pre-Game Dump"

If you feel it's going to be an issue...take care of it ahead of time.  Just like momma always said before long car trips.  Go even if you don't have to.

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #13 on: Jul 30, 2010, 07:59 PM »
I had to make my Spartan armor fairly easy to pull off to take the flight suit off so you may have to disrobe in the handicap stall.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21
« Reply #14 on: Jul 30, 2010, 08:11 PM »
I sympathize with you.. but only to an extent. Girls have it WAY worse!  At least you guys can just zip ( thanks to reversible zippers on flight suits) to just go pee! Halloween was horrid for me cause I went bar hopping and had to have another female clan member help me un-suit in the handicap stall just to take a leak. Hence now I have a two piece suit. Woot! I still want to use my flight suit in a similar fashion.. maybe on a kit later on down the line.. cut it in half and install a zipper that would be hidden by belts so that one can get that full suit look without the troubles mentioned in this thread. =) Good luck.. OH you can also find one color BDU sets. That's what I bought for my BFs kit that I'm making now. Uniform material/color and looks like one piece when all the gear is on. Try that option too! =)

I don't wanna change the world... I just want to leave it Colder.

Ter'ell Tritain

• Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #15 on: Aug 01, 2010, 01:24 AM »
i sure wouldn't want to be in the same men's room before a con. :(
sorry, i just got the mental image of a men's room with several buy'ce siting on the sink with all the stalls occupied.

Bazii Malric - And when the enemy sees the heavy weapons mando...

"Kark me!  Is that guy carrying a turbolaser off a star destroyer?"
"Yes.  Yes, I do believe he is.  Stang, uh, take cover!!"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!