Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Scarves?

• 13 Replies

Wulox

Scarves?
« on: Jun 29, 2010, 12:39 PM »
Hey guys, i just wanted to know if we were allowed to use scarves/mufflers in our armour designs?

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Scarves?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2010, 12:44 PM »
We've had a few folks use some sort of neck wrap.  Just don't make it look like a typical winter scarf...

Wulox

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2010, 12:53 PM »
At first i was going to maybe have a ponch but i realised this would cover alot of my armour, and making a light build you would only see my knee pads and boots  ;D
Whilst im here, is there any tutorials on making a kama or anything?

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2010, 12:54 PM »
No tutorials as it's mainly just a piece of fabric connected at the waist.  Comes in various shapes depending on what style you like.

Wulox

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Ok, thanks.  :)

Edit: How about a shemaghs?

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2010, 02:44 PM by Wulox » Logged

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2010, 07:09 PM »
Don't see why that wouldn't work, but it would cover up an awful lot of your helmet.  Not sure why you'd want to do that if you put all that work into building it!

-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013

Wulox

« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2010, 12:58 PM »
Not to go over the helmet, just to tie around my neck  ;D

Corvax

« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2010, 07:42 PM »
I have a long scarf that is striped in many different colors!  I also keep some Jelly Babies handy...  ;)

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

Salvo Mereel

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Christmas Mando's!

Mafio

« Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2010, 10:16 PM »
well, i wear a Cape   but  wrap it to a scarv   so  that  some ugly things in the nec area  get hidden,. 

Beviin Atin Eparavu

• Barrel Eparavu. Disgruntled clone and general jerk
« Reply #10 on: Jul 03, 2010, 10:26 PM »
I plan to do a muffler too!  Everytime I say muffler people think car...  Goes well with a kama, cause cape+kama is too much drapery.

Daddy will always love his little girl. I miss you, Jenny.

Uria Searing

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2010, 03:48 AM »
idk i like the idea of a scarf, well its prob because i am a huge cloud strife fan so i would try and go with his look. Why dont you try and give a pic of what you are going for so we can have a better understanding of it and give suggestions from there

They call me the Hand of the King
« Reply #12 on: Jul 31, 2010, 04:28 AM »
I'm not too fond of extra soft parts that tend to get in the way while not having some kind of function, but then, I got some fabric as a suncover for my shoulderplates recently because in extreme weather, one can burn one's fingertips on them where they are not cooled by body contact.

It's a rough, soft cotton weave you can rarely find in fabric stores, so I just had to get it.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Gabrin Kinoda

• House Manager, Ohld Vart's So. Beach LadyBoy Revue
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #13 on: Jul 31, 2010, 10:32 AM »
For Darian's newest kit, we used a white shemagh (military desert scarf) around his neck. Because this one is a snow-mando, it actually adds to the bulky "more fabric for more warmth" look.

------------

Council Advisor, 2007-2012

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!