Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Clan Vhetin'Ade invades Star Wars: In Concert

• 9 Replies

Sh'Sou HolDa

• "I have carbon scoring older than you..."
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Clan Vhetin'Ade invades Star Wars: In Concert
« on: Jun 30, 2010, 11:09 AM »

VIA HOLONET NEWS - It was a whirlwind frenzy of Star Wars fans and concert goers that took over the MTS Centre on June 29, 2010, and Clan Vhetin'Ade was more than proud to have been a part of it. Touching down two hours before showtime, the clan was ushered into a private staging area to prep not just gear, but themselves as well, as they emerged from the elevator to thousands of patrons, young and old. Clan Vhetin'Ade was immediatley held in not-so-quiet awe as they made thier way into the main concourse, mingling with the streams of people, stopping for photographs wherever the chance presented itself. And it did, numerous times, bringing smiles to hundreds of kids of all ages, adults included.

But the evening did not end there. Fifteen minutes before the shows opening number, the MTS Centre provided Clan Vhetin'Ade with seats for the show, allowing ample time to ungear and watch the most astounding performance in this reporter's time. For three hours, it is safe to say, that the Force was definetly strong in Winnipeg, Manitoba that night, with Vhetin'Ade more than proud to have been able to be part of it. More photos will be made available over the next few days at www.wpgworkshop.com/vhetinade.

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2010, 11:12 AM by Sh'Sou HolDa » Logged

Thorfastr Tyr

• Personal Text
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Clan Vhetin'Ade invades Star Wars: In Concert
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Oya! I haven't been swarmed by that many small creatures since I went hunting on Endor! It didn't seem to matter how quickly we blasted them they just kept coming wave after wave demanding photos! ...WHAT FUN!  :D

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2010, 10:38 PM »
It was a phenomenal experience that is honestly hard to describe, from the very beginning we were greeted by a great LFL rep who explained what she wanted us to do. Then we headed down to the dressing room and geared up, and then proceeded to cram ourselves into an elevator. Once we got out we quickly made our way into the concourse and within moments were mobbed by people wanting photos! We split into two groups, the one I was in was asked to move further from the entrance because of the giant crowd piling up around us  :D
Before long time was already up and we headed back down to shed the gear and go enjoy the show. What an incredible show, the narration by Anthony Daniels, the footage in sync with the music, and the symphony itself... Such a phenomenal event.
And then of course I went and bought some swag at the end :P Hahaha, such a good time.
My only disappointment in the whole thing was that it went by so quickly!

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2010, 06:49 AM »
Sounds like you guys really had an awesome time.  Your probably the only clan that has been able to troop a SW In Concert, so hold your heads up with pride.  ;D

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Tobias Creed

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2010, 12:27 PM »
The guys in the garrison in my area has strictly said only 501st/RL only. I thought it was impossible. But for you guys, anything is possible.

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2010, 05:16 PM »
Way to go guys.  I got on the Mercs bus too late to do a Star Wars in Concert, but maybe next time :)

Roma'Nee

• Merc Fangirl
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2010, 06:53 PM »
i'm totally jealous! certainly a moment to be remembered!

"I was born with a laser pistol in my hand. Behind a gun I will make my final stand." -Bad Company

Sh'Sou HolDa

• "I have carbon scoring older than you..."
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2010, 11:59 PM »
:)

there are no other words. Truly.

Noah Nei

• The Christian Mandalorian
« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2010, 04:17 PM »
I'm going to the one in St. Paul MN in a couple of days! I'm so excited!!!

~Christian Mandalorian~

We Don't Kill for fun, only for REASON

Zevlar Rayco

• MMCC197 M.A.J.I.C 59
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Jul 08, 2010, 03:48 PM »
Your probably the only clan that has been able to troop a SW In Concert, so hold your heads up with pride.  ;D

Actually, mercs trooped it down here in Wichita 5-22-10 but Vhetin'Ade will be the first clan to do so

"Let your woes become your deadliest weapons."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!