Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Karkin' magnets! How do they work?

• 3 Replies

misstori

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Karkin' magnets! How do they work?
« on: Jul 02, 2010, 03:11 PM »
Hey y'all.
I was considering using magnets to attach my armor to my flightsuit. I was wondering what the best way to go about doing that for both the suit and the armor? My plan was to uses apoxie sculpt to fix the magnets to the armor and sew small "pockets" for the magnets on the wrong side of the flight suit. Would this work or would they tear the flightsuit?  Also how do magnets compare to velcro  or studs for holding power?

Bit by bit,
Putting it together...
Piece by Piece-
Only way to make a work of art.
Every moment makes a contribution,
Every little detail plays a part.
Having just a vision's no solution,
Everything depends on execution:
Putting it together-
That's what counts!

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
Re: Karkin' magnets! How do they work?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2010, 04:05 PM »
Depending on what your armor is made of, I'd say putting 4 rare earth magnets on each chest plate would hold them on very well.  I've never used magnets for armor attachment, but I've used rare earth magnets enough that they'd work great.

The pockets on the vest for magnets should give you no problems as far as I know.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2010, 04:30 PM »
Zevlar Rayco uses magnets for his armor attachements.  Might look up his profle, then search through his posts to see if you can find one where he talks about it.  Or PM him.  I remember seeing a few pictures of the attachment points of his.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2010, 09:13 PM »
it's a miracle

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!