Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

woodland camo pattern flight suit

• 19 Replies
woodland camo pattern flight suit
« on: Jul 04, 2010, 01:27 AM »
Would a woodland pattern flight suit be up to par?  I have a set of  woodland camo army issue mechanics coveralls that, I think, would work perfectly.  I was actually thinking about painting my armor in a similar pattern, but I wouldnt want to put all the work in to doing that if i wouldnt be approved for membership.  Thanks.

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

"The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy."

"Tracer rounds work both ways."

Rohak Shevla - Silent Defeat - Scout/Sniper

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: woodland camo pattern flight suit
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2010, 03:35 AM »
hey rohak,

before all the opinions come rolling in, i'll give you the low down based upoin our crl's... earthly camo patterns are NOT disallowed by the club. they are completly acceptable for club use.

that being said, while they may be a viable option, they are probably not the best option. in order to be most "in-universe" with your armor, it would probably be best to use an in universe armor pattern or an old obscure military pattern rather than a (more) modern pattern that is highly recognozable. some examples of in-universe camo patterns would be dazzle pattern (which is also an older less recognizable real world pattern), the pattern seen on commander gree and his 41st elite troopers in ep 3, the pattern seen on the arf troopers in tcw and the pattern seen on the rebels on endor.

hope that helps some.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2010, 10:09 AM »
Yes.  Thank you.  That was exactly the answer that I was looking for.  It i POSSIBLE but not exactly the best option.

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2010, 10:39 AM »
And if you look at A'den in the desert, or Hydra's "Umi" in snow, you can see that Camo doesn't have to be 'camo' as we know it. You can blend just by the color choices native to your plates.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2010, 10:49 AM »
I think Im gonna look for an OD green set and keep th woodland ones for a backup.  I really like the way it looks in my head, but Im gonna try to get a more traditional set and see which one looks better after everything is assembled.

« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2010, 10:58 AM »
OD green is pretty common on EBay or most sites.

http://www.google.com/products?q=od+green+flight+suit&scoring=p Ebay usually has them even cheaper if you search a bit.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Dar'manda

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2010, 07:26 PM »
A solid color is best, or a solid color with fabric paint/ spray paint camo pattern is the way to go.  LKook at the rebel strike team on Endor for Star wars universe camo.

My flightsuit for my executioner is a standard olive drab US flightsuit, I just removed all the pockets and used them to make a kind of second sleeve on my arms, and for my costume had some brown fabric I used to make the pleated ribs on the arms and legs.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2010, 05:25 AM »
This site is a great resource for how to do the Endor camo seen in Return of The Jedi also

http://www.tk560.com/endorcommando.html

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2010, 09:08 AM »
Ugh, I hate Endor camo.  It just looks so uuuuuugly.

-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013

Mafio

« Reply #9 on: Jul 05, 2010, 09:39 AM »
I guess the Endor  camo   where made  with  Airbrush  :-\

Might i suggest  some  Pattern?

german Flecktarn Panzerkombi Post1990

East German "Flächentarn"  1960-1980   (not avaible as overall but in BDU-style)

Ugly Eastgerman   "Strichtarn"  1980

Italien Tank-suits   San-Marco Pattern
Left WW2-pattern  / right  Post-WW2-Pattern

Sovjet KLMK Camo 1970 ( i guess)  -  Shab you Endor!

Polish Pantera camo  -  Sniper overall

Polish dessert camo overall

Swedisch flightsuit

Finish Flightsuit

There  are  enough  Pattern     even i would recognice...   I think  the best camo  for a mando  is  any camoflage  which  cant get  recognice  so  quick       so  you better stick  with  the smaller   east european, african and arabic state camos      and  Outdated  Camo  of course

« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2010, 09:41 AM by Jaro Krieg » Logged

Dar'manda

« Reply #10 on: Jul 05, 2010, 11:49 AM »
those are some great suggestions also. it really comes down to paying a bit for shipping or doing a bit of fabric work yourself to get that in-universe look matched for your mando  ;)

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Sentinel

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Jul 05, 2010, 12:38 PM »
BIg fan of camo.  The Soviet one is pretty bad ;)  Wonder how hard/easy to find.
GJ

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Jul 05, 2010, 12:42 PM »
I'm with you. Really diggin the Soviet pattern. Hit that green with some odd brush strokes of various camo colors and it would look great (at least in my head  :P).

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Sentinel

« Reply #13 on: Jul 05, 2010, 02:05 PM »
Check out the movie Red Dawn, for that pattern and some others that are used.

« Reply #14 on: Jul 06, 2010, 01:47 PM »
Ok.  Thanks for all the input, but Ive decided to go a completely different direction.  I just found a dark navy blue flight suit at a consignment shop for six bucks.  I couldnt pass that up.  So now Im thinking instead of camo, more of a dark blue/black beskar'gam.

Dar'manda

« Reply #15 on: Jul 06, 2010, 06:33 PM »
hallelujah

Kodiak

• Kelborn Mereel, Kodiak Darling
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #16 on: Jul 18, 2010, 07:10 PM »
The soviet pattern, KLMK, has a modern equivalent called Berezka. I bought the suit I use for airsoft here:

http://www.redforces.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=126&osCsid=1hq6ugt6kk6333mvnbs1lit531

I was going to use it as the flight suit for my armor, but I couldn't quite find a good color scheme to go with it. BTW, if you have any questions about Soviet or Russian equipment, I can probably answer them.

Tor K'lumph

• ni oyacyir tor de kad
« Reply #17 on: Aug 12, 2010, 11:01 AM »
I was thinking of using old Vietnam tigerstripe camo fore my jumpsuit. Or do y'all think that is to Earthy

Sentinel

« Reply #18 on: Aug 12, 2010, 12:42 PM »
You'll get different responses from different folks on here which is fine.  With that I'm a fan of camo but certain shades.  Alot of the Star Warzy one's that people have given examples of are great.  Vietnam tiger if it's brand new (to me) is a little bright and it stands out but again with some fading and wear/tear it could be.  But play around with some of the patterns out there or examples given.

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Aug 12, 2010, 02:43 PM »
Personally, I like solid color flight suits. Now...the other soft parts...I like to mix it up a bit. My kit is all solids. But my son's kit we are working on (if he would ever get off his butt and help get the plates and such done :rolleyes:) is going to have a tiger stripe flak vest and a few of the other parts will be either that, or lined in that (the kama/loin cloth will be the cool snake print my old vest started out in and lined in the tiger stripe for sure). His flight suit, however is one of my old OD green CVC suits from my artillery days.

Camo patterns are up to you. If you can make a kit look bad-shebs with camo, good on you. I don't think I could come up with a good look using a full camo flight suit, but I have no doubt someone else can. Work up whatever you think will look good. Then, if you see it doesn't quite work out the way it did in your head, change to something that fits your vision.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!