Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Arden Fisk (updated 7 May 11)

• 51 Replies

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Arden Fisk (updated 7 May 11)
« on: Jul 04, 2010, 08:07 PM »
Well.  This is my THIRD completely different set of armor and finally it's one I'm happy to *upgrade* in the future rather than shoving it in a closet and forgetting about it like my last two kits.  My first two kits weren't bad by any means, but I just wasn't happy in them.  Mostly, I didn't feel 'feminine' enough.  So, V.3 was born with an entirely new color scheme based on... lol... my Jeep Wrangler.   ;D

For upgrades;  I'm going to be having an all-leather vest tailored by a professional to replace the canvas one I'm wearing here.  I'll also be upgrading to a Saz celtic helmet once those go to press.  I'll be making a backplate and adding on a TCW deathwatch style jetpack once stormtrooperguy gets those ready to go... and otherwise, that's pretty much it.

As it stands:  All plates are made by our Mandalor, Novall Talon.  The helmet is a Bradleyfett vacuuform.  I did all the soft parts myself.

Gonna start out with app-style pics, then on to a few more dramatic angles.  Finally, at the end there's a shot of me and the Jeep that inspired me, plus a close up of my pistol (which is a heavily-modified Rebley cap gun from the 1950s) and a shot of the inside of my helmet.  :D

Enjoy!

And finally, for comparison, my v.1 and v.2:

1:

2:

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 08:58 PM by Arden Fisk » Logged
-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Arden Fisk-- Lean Green and on the Screen
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Abby, this is a beautiful kit! Masterfully done. As good as it looks now, I can't wait until you have the Saz helmet with it.

That blaster is top notch. Very cool piece. Is that a DeathWatch sigil I spy on the grip?

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2010, 08:13 PM »
now this green kit is my kind of mando! love the leather extras!
design is, shall we say.....mad cool!
color choice is prime!

nice progression.

ah, I just notice the braiding on plate edges, nice touch!

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Absolutely awesome. Love the paint detailing.

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar Mendrosè

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2010, 08:36 PM »
Gorgeous kit, and great action/scenery shots; that's a great backdrop to shoot at. I've been looking forward to seeing how this kit looked all put together since I first saw the helmet.

~

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2010, 08:37 PM »
That blaster is top notch. Very cool piece. Is that a DeathWatch sigil I spy on the grip?

Why yes it is a DW sigil.  ;)  Very observant!

Tanks for the compliments, everyone.  I welcome criticisms too, I want to make this thing as good as I can!

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2010, 09:21 PM »
arden i like every part of this new kit. WOW!

the shoulders and paint scheme are def my favorite
guns look great
bucket interior is awesome, very clean

masterful  :)

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #7 on: Jul 04, 2010, 09:59 PM »
That looks great, love the color scheme and designs!

Only criticisms I have are purely personal preference.  The gaunts look a little plain, but that's just because I like the look of gaunts that have some detail/greeblies to them.  Also the rivets on the thighs look a little out of place since they aren't used anywhere else.  But both of those are purely my opinions, other than that it's a great kit!

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jul 04, 2010, 10:14 PM »
I like tihs a lot arden. Your kit has come a LONG LONG way from the first one (which was also good)

The REEL Mereel Skirata

• It's all all about a stealthy approach, you see.
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 05, 2010, 12:39 AM »
Impressive....MOST Impressive  ;D

« Reply #10 on: Jul 05, 2010, 12:57 AM »
I love it.. The only thing that feels off to me, and it's not bad, but just different, is the way the top of the ab fits to the chest plates. Again, doesn't look bad.. Just.. Kinda off..

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #11 on: Jul 05, 2010, 04:15 AM »
I can see what you mean with a good base for further develpment. This kit looks rock solid, like won't let you down whatever your plans are. On the other hand, you've got so many details in shape, paint and accessories, it's hard to think of something to add. It certainly misses nothing.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Jul 05, 2010, 06:20 AM »
excellent work arden. your artistic skills are top notch, and i love those sigils.  ;)

Trin Aravis

• Curb stomp the universe
« Reply #13 on: Jul 05, 2010, 07:22 AM »
This is a gorgeous kit, I absolutely love your paint job!  Everything else is amazing, too, but the colors and patterns you've got here are really unique and straight-up cool.  I really love how the whole thing comes together, great job!

Fenris Hettir'eso

• There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Jul 05, 2010, 09:52 AM »
Looking good, and definatly an improvement over your previous kits. I can attest to Novall's workmanship on the armor, I wear a set of his, too. The ONLY suggestion I have, and it's just my personal preference, is the hair. I personally think the suit should look like it's sealed up, but hair flowing out of it obviously suggests that it's not sealed. Again, my personal opinion, take it of leave it at your descretion.

We shall bear its weight together.
Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.
VODE AN

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
« Reply #15 on: Jul 05, 2010, 10:07 AM »
Well, there are a couple reasons I leave the hair out.  One, it is canon-- the hasbro figures of Rav Bralor and Isabet Reau have braids hanging out.  Two, and this is most important, I have nowhere else to put all the hair unless I tie it up and wear it under the collar and down my back, which is UNCOMFORTABLE.  All scratchy between my shoulderblades.  Also also, when I take the helmet off my hair looks fine this way, as opposed to shoving it all up inside a balaclava, which gives me outrageous helmet hair.  :P

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #16 on: Jul 05, 2010, 11:17 AM »

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #17 on: Jul 05, 2010, 01:04 PM »
Arden - This kit is really amazing. Isn't this the kit that Tom was working on (Plate wise) ? The colors and the look really... WOW!

@ Lucas - lol

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #18 on: Jul 06, 2010, 07:06 AM »
This is a kit I finished up early in the year, probably took a good 3 months to get together.  I'm really proud at the way you put it together Arden, it is definitely looking top notch!

I also really like that gauntlet style.  Not only is is easier to make than the standard gauntlets, they are actually more durable and can help out in a pinch if necessary. 

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Dha'ward Firaxan

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Jul 06, 2010, 12:44 PM »
i don't understand..
HA! Baldy.

Looks amazing. that Saz Celtic bucket is gonna look great with that paint scheme

Mandalorian Mercs - Firaxan Clan

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Jul 06, 2010, 01:18 PM »
Amazing top-notch work as always. :D

Xorim Kor

• the Mando formerly known as "charlie"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #21 on: Jul 11, 2010, 09:53 PM »
Outstanding job as always Abby. I'll admit, I'm going to miss that orange colour scheme (which I always thought was great) but the detail work put into your new kit is top knotch. The only remotely negative comment I can see is that the pistol looks a tad small; but that's probably just my personal views on weaponry coming out.

Can't wait to see it in person!

Charlie

GOOMH! TO THE MAR!

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #22 on: Jul 12, 2010, 12:59 AM »
Very nice kit. Looks great! One question did you kill a DW and take his gun, leave the DW, or are you a DW? lol.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Mereelajum

• "Last Man Standing" - Daniel Logan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #23 on: Jul 12, 2010, 01:15 AM »
Love it Abby!   

Is the RF taller than most? it seems off to me

Sounds like a plan.....
Mereel A’denla formerly of Wampa Clan

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
« Reply #24 on: Jul 12, 2010, 09:08 AM »
Very nice kit. Looks great! One question did you kill a DW and take his gun, leave the DW, or are you a DW? lol.

My father was DW and I have DW sympathies.  ;)  My character isn't very nice, you can read my Wiki if you want to know the details (though I haven't updated the pictures in it yet.)

And as for the RF...  I know what you mean, Mereel.  The RF stalk is aluminum and it's scaled for a 1:1 helmet but the BF vac helmet is a bit smaller than 1:1 so it sticks up a bit higher.  I don't think it detracts too much, though... besides, I'll be upgrading to a Saz celtic in just a couple months.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!