Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New Toy Boba Fett Helmets by Hasbro

• 150 Replies
Re: New Toy Boba Fett Helmets by Hasbro
« Reply #150 on: Aug 15, 2010, 08:55 PM »
- still working on the helmet,got sidetracked on armor vest, rocketpack , ect....i  ran into a snag with the abs i ordered being textured on one side , and  kinda on the thin side ( not what i ordered) , and it dosent seem to wanna heat correctly (shows the texture) , warped several pieces trying to get the shape correct  ,  finally made some metal " forms " to speed along the process, and make it go smoother, but plastics simply all wrong for this helmet, so i re- ordered new abs from different source,  in the thicker form that i originally ordered ( fiasco )  ....i did however get the inside gutted and ready for hand-laid  fiberglass  ( will most likely do in the morning ) .....** SO FAR I HAVE NOT DONE ANY CUTTING TO THE FACIAL STRUCTURE -  trying to avoid that if i can , so that this mod will be easier for folks to attempt should they want to ( we will se how it goes, will do so only if i have to ) .....what else did i do today  ?...hummm, .got the measurements for , and ordered new visor ( the one i had is not gonna fit it now ) ....rangefinder has been gutted of its electronics, and tossed aside, and the fitting of the electronics into the replacement finder and stalk has begun  ( the rangefinder project is proving to not be as easy as i had thought  ) ....have secured all the primers, paints, frs radio parts, and stuff , helmet liners,  ect needed.....if the abs would hurry up n get here id be able to get rocking on this more ....( and yes im takin pics of the steps )

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2010, 08:59 PM by randall ace » Logged
- one of the founding 12 members of the ohio garrison .

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!