Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

FLIGHT SUIT SOURCE!!!

• 39 Replies

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
Re: FLIGHT SUIT SOURCE!!!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:57 AM »
Thanks for that link, they actually have a guide for womens' sizes!

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.
« Reply #26 on: Jul 13, 2009, 11:13 AM »
I found this on Automotive Work Wear for $23! It's available in a few different colors and also comes in white for dying to match something else.
http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/RedKap/CT10/coveralls.html

Mike Brunco
New England Garrison - 501st Legion: IC/TX-7796
Alderaan Base - Endor Trooper
Firaxan Clan - (recruit)
www.instagram.com/sos_cosplay

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #27 on: Jul 15, 2009, 06:09 PM »
I will always take a Flightsuit for trooping over Coveralls... and here is why....

Flightsuits have the adjustable wrist/ankle meaning that you can cinch them down for blousing or just to fit neatly under your guantlets.  The multiple pockets are great for carrying a variety of things.  I put all of my annacronistic things (EI; ID, cash, credit card ) in the thigh pockets.  Also Fliightsuit have the ventilation holes in the armpits and crotch, just a small detail, but very welcome in the TX heat.  And finally, the small bicep pocket on the left arm of a flightsuit is a perfect place to hid your voice Amp. ;)

I put my voice amp in the bicep pocket, and run the mic wire up the sleave and through the neck hole then up to my headset.  Great way to hide it, and still be able to take your bucket off.

Captain Daves is great value...luckily, i just need a black flightsuit, which i can get for $40 at the local surplus

I have lived in Coveralls mst of my life, working in garages and in the navy.  The Polyester doesnt breath as well as teh nomex or Cotton blend flightsuits.

« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2009, 06:17 PM by Spanner Murraan » Logged

"what in the samhell is a Puma?"
« Reply #28 on: Jul 15, 2009, 06:22 PM »
Nice for 23 dactaries 8)

Aden Catra - The Rage of the Night Sky

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Jul 15, 2009, 09:53 PM »
Thanks for the link! I've been looking into doing an X-wing pilot costume, and most of the suppliers for the orange suit are asking nearly $80 apiece. But with modifications, this could work! Thanks again!

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond
« Reply #30 on: Jul 16, 2009, 01:08 PM »
This is basically what I have for my Crewman/Tie pilot jumpsuit. I definately agree that it's not the most lightweight or breathable material but the nice thing about them is that the coveralls seem to offer more of a selection in colors. I probably ordered mine a size too big, forgot that they are meant to go over regular clothes, but it also provides for a little extra room and seems to help keep the heat factor down.

Mike Brunco
New England Garrison - 501st Legion: IC/TX-7796
Alderaan Base - Endor Trooper
Firaxan Clan - (recruit)
www.instagram.com/sos_cosplay

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #31 on: Jul 24, 2009, 07:32 PM »
my dad sells his for way cheaper than that...

http://www.georgia-outfitters.com/page31.shtml

mention Lucas McCoy or the Mandalorian Mercs in an email first and I'm certain you'll get a discount even

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.
« Reply #33 on: Aug 28, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Although it's been said, the US Calvary ones are really sharp.  Heavy stiching and a REALY long zipper makes putting it on fast and easy.  Plus its has some crazy pocket locations!!!

« Reply #34 on: Jan 12, 2010, 11:34 PM »
I was nosing around on the webernet & came across this site:
http://www.captaindaves.com/shop/coveralls.html
if anyone can find em cheaper & in 7 different colors please let us know
Very affordable... even for the bigger guys like me.

They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it... and it's worked out pretty well so far.
« Reply #35 on: Jan 17, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Planning on making a flight suit if i can find a white 1 and then take a black 1 and mix them up

Dragon Sunkiller

• Always remember.... that way you never forget!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #36 on: Feb 07, 2010, 11:06 PM »
I was browsing and ran across this website. Cheapest I've found so far at $29.95 for a black flight suit. http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=armynavy&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=630947291&Count2=548087716&ProductID=1435&Target=products.asp

M.A.J.I.C. #057
OM# 371

Crixler Atiniir

• Modwheelmandalorian
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 07:07 PM »
I'm hoping to have a medium-gray flightsuit. Would it be possible to dye, say, the khaki one from the first posted site, or would that end in disaster?

Dragon Sunkiller

• Always remember.... that way you never forget!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 08:04 PM »
I have a medium ish gray one that I've been wanting to post up on here. Take a look at my WIP thread http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=23576.30. On the 3rd page there are some good pics of the legs without armor to show the color. If you want a better pic of just the flight suit, I can take one and upload it. This one was khaki, and I died it with RIT twice. One more time would get it even darker, but I ended up going with a straight black look, so I don't need this flight suit now. If you're interested, PM me, and I'll throw it up on the trading station, or we can just discuss it in PM's.

M.A.J.I.C. #057
OM# 371

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 02:55 PM »
This is great the only black flight suit i could find was 50 plus.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!