Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

3D Mando Helmet

• 3 Replies

Atiniir Ordo

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
3D Mando Helmet
« on: Jul 13, 2010, 05:35 PM »
My Dad and I have been working on a 3D model of a Mandalorian helmet.  This may be the basis for a fiberglass helmet in the near future.  We would appreciate comments and we require actual measurments for a Fett helmet to help with scaling.  Easiest measurement would be overall width.

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: 3D Mando Helmet
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2010, 08:34 PM »
I might suggest angling out the face (bringing the bottom of the mandibles out) just a tad and making the angle from bottom of the mandible to the ear caps a bit steeper.

Like so:

"what in the samhell is a Puma?"

Nickel

• Death Watch
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2010, 09:52 AM »
It is also a bit too round.  It should be more ovoid, with the front-back measurement longer than the sideways measurement.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemingway

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2010, 09:25 PM »

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!