Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Softer Side of Corvax WIP

• 5 Replies

Corvax

The Softer Side of Corvax WIP
« on: Jul 16, 2010, 09:58 PM »
Well it's been a long tough road trying to get a vest.  Here is my valiant attempt thus far.

It is currently bunched a bit weird in the pic because I am holding it closed with my right hand.  Velcro closure and finishing up around the neck are this weekend's projects.  Then it will be onto adding velcro for the armor plates once satisfied.  Simple vinyl construction with a black fabric liner.

Next up a shot of my gun belt: 

Hard to see since I'm not wearing it.  But hey a nice belt with a holster with my sidearm and a few leather pouches.

Back side:

Here you can see my binder cuffs and the leather holster for them.  Actually it's an old nightstick holder.  I will probably have a few more pouches before final submission.

Not shown, I used some scrap black fabric and made an obi style girth belt with attached front loin cloth.  That will be added after velcro is added for closure.

And... that's all we have for today!

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
Re: The Softer Side of Corvax WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2010, 11:08 PM »
That belt is pure -censored--kickery.   8)  And I'm loving those cuffs, did you make those?

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Corvax

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2010, 11:10 PM »
The cuffs are a found item.  Wild Planet Spy Gear handcuffs.  Removed the batteries and the weird key and gave it a new paint job.  Big enough to fit around my wrists too.

"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2010, 11:13 PM »

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2010, 11:19 PM »
And apparently $11 at TRU.  http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3795476&CAWELAID=438334914  Thanks for the heads-up on what you used!  They look great, as does the rest of your gear so far.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Corvax

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2010, 11:21 PM »
Yeah TRU is where I got 'em.  My store never got in the Spy Gear "almost a thermal detonator" toy though. 

Thanks

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!