Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

How do you cover your neck?

• 22 Replies

Drago Seron

• Butcher of Endor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: How do you cover your neck?
« Reply #15 on: Jul 18, 2010, 01:04 PM »
 A'den-mostly looking for something that will cover the neck for when I take the bucket off.

Tomoe-I'm bald so the hair idea is a bust for me. It would have worked when I was younger though.

DragoSeron3copy by Doc Kruzer, on Flickr

Horsemen-WAR
« Reply #16 on: Oct 06, 2010, 01:38 PM »
I am using a black balaclava. Picked up a brand new one at a local army surplus store for only $8.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #17 on: Oct 06, 2010, 04:06 PM »
My vest and flightsuit have tall mandarin collars. My V2 flightsuit (Rebel pilot style) covers my neck, and I made a flightsuit for a vod that has a 4" tall in the back and 2" in the front stiff collar.

« Reply #18 on: Oct 06, 2010, 05:13 PM »
I am using a black balaclava. Picked up a brand new one at a local army surplus store for only $8.

You can mod one of these so it doesnt go all up over your head and half your face, since you're likely going to be sweating buckets anyway.

Unless you're going snow mando, and plan on hanging out in actual snow... in which case  you'd prefer the full balaclava.

Gabrin Kinoda

• House Manager, Ohld Vart's So. Beach LadyBoy Revue
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #19 on: Oct 06, 2010, 05:27 PM »
Paintball neck protector. A lot of them have brand logos on the front, so I just wear it inside out.

------------

Council Advisor, 2007-2012

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #20 on: Oct 06, 2010, 06:30 PM »
Unless you're going snow mando, and plan on hanging out in actual snow... in which case  you'd prefer the full balaclava.

After trying to get some action shots in the middle of last winter's snowpocalypse... you wouldn't need that unless you suddenly transplanted up north from the deep south (south enough to have no idea what snow is from firsthand experience).  The slogging through snow builds up body heat.  That was actually when I took the pic that's now my avatar.  I was just as sweat-drenched as I was from midsummer troops.

« Reply #21 on: Oct 06, 2010, 06:58 PM »
the deep south (south enough to have no idea what snow is from firsthand experience). 

Oya Buurenaar Verda Clan!  ;)

Drago Seron

• Butcher of Endor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #22 on: Oct 06, 2010, 07:35 PM »

I was able to get a neck seal made.

DragoSeron3copy by Doc Kruzer, on Flickr

Horsemen-WAR

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!