Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ivven Oyre, femmando (Update Oct 2015)

• 192 Replies

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Ivven Oyre, femmando (preview)
« Reply #15 on: Jul 28, 2010, 10:13 AM »
*dumbfounded*

Wow.

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Xorim Kor

• the Mando formerly known as "charlie"
« Reply #16 on: Jul 28, 2010, 12:05 PM »
I add in another comment for the black vest. When you moved around in some of the pictures, the ab plate would cross over the bottom of the vest. Just looked a bit off. I think the chest plates would also def stand out more.

Otherwise good job! I look forward to seeing it at C5.

Charlie

GOOMH! TO THE MAR!

« Reply #17 on: Jul 28, 2010, 02:45 PM »
This is where furocity and beauty come together in a way so perfect, its dificult to use words to describe.

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Jul 28, 2010, 04:20 PM »
That is simply amazing!!!  So hot. ;)

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

lonewolf1183

• THE Executioner
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Jul 30, 2010, 12:10 AM »
If I can throw in my own two cents, I like the thought of a darker vest to pop the plates more- I agree that would be good.  I feel like maybe instead of going to black, you should use a very desaturated color vest, something like a warm brown or a ruddy earth tone.  It would fit in with the sort of 'fall colors' you have with the salmon and beige color.  And it introduces a little bit of subtle color variation to the suit to keep it from becoming too monochromatic.

THE Mandalorian Executioner
Dum spiramus tuebimur
Member #299

Trin Aravis

• Curb stomp the universe
« Reply #20 on: Jul 30, 2010, 08:52 AM »
Oh, wow.  This looks fantastic!  I can only hope that my own armor will end up looking half as good.  This is definitely an example of a great kit, and an awesome femmando kit!  I agree with your idea for a darker vest, though, that'd definitely make the torso plates pop more. 

If I can throw in my own two cents, I like the thought of a darker vest to pop the plates more- I agree that would be good.  I feel like maybe instead of going to black, you should use a very desaturated color vest, something like a warm brown or a ruddy earth tone.  It would fit in with the sort of 'fall colors' you have with the salmon and beige color.  And it introduces a little bit of subtle color variation to the suit to keep it from becoming too monochromatic.
Ooh, I like this idea.  It might end up matching the ammo belt a little more, too, so it's not the only darker brown you've got going on. 

Whatever you end up going with, it'll look amazing, I'm sure.  :)

Vendrel

• The Talon Enforcer since 2008'. 13th Merc of MM
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #21 on: Jul 30, 2010, 04:31 PM »
WoW!!  Awesome tan!!  ;D ;D

SL/TD/ID-5766 501st Member since 02', Mando Merc Member since 07' (13th Mandalorian to join) .

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Jul 30, 2010, 04:44 PM »
I love this! :3 wonderful job!  ;D

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #23 on: Jul 30, 2010, 06:59 PM »
Have you looked at standard vacuform fett knees with a simple elastic strap on the back?  That's what I wear for knees and have never had any issues with them impeding my movement.  Unless you're looking for something that you can actually kneel on?

Yeah, I want knees I can actually kneel on, along with not having to constantly readjust them from walking if they're held by elastic. Not having to worry about them falling down is my biggest concern.

I like this idea; I'll certainly toss it around when it comes to choosing to replace the vest.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. :) After seeing this suit at every stage of construction, it's hard for me to see it as a whole. All I see are the flaws, but I suppose that's how everyone feels about their armor. :P

~

Stormshadow

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #24 on: Jul 31, 2010, 01:15 PM »
Impressive.......Most Impressive...  ;D

Looking forward to more picts..... color sceem is great & comes together nicely.

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #25 on: Aug 02, 2010, 11:32 AM »
A great set, and suits you really fine.
Like the idea you had for the legs. Gives the whole set a heavier look without restricting your movements too much.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
« Reply #26 on: Aug 02, 2010, 11:35 AM »
Great work. I like the simplicity and clean lines of this kit. You did a great job in the making of all of it and good job by those that built pieces that you acquired for it.

You've put together a geat kit and I agree with the suggestions made above about adding in a darker color vest whether black or some kind of dark accenting color to go along with your overall color scheme.

Yes, we are all our own worst critics and it is nice to hear some feedback from others.

Again, great work and can't wait to see more pics.

Keep up the great work.

Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!

Shak-ti 4 Him

• Dessert is NOT a treat... It's a necesscity!!
« Reply #27 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:04 PM »
YAY!!! I love this kit!! You look AMAZING... ;D And it is true that we are our own worst critique because to me it looks perfect!

i wish i could see it in person... LOL!

But as far as the vest goes, i personally think that it really ties in the color of the armor plates with the rest of kit, but i do agree that if you want them to really pop then either darkening that vest with like a fabric paint (just getting it into the 'grain' of the leather and making it look darker and dirty) or just replacing it... (which if you ever need help with that again just let me know... but whatev... lol  ;) ;D)

Anyway, again, great job and i look forward to seeing more pics!

"The difference between people who do things and people who DO things is that the people who DO things do things..."

Try and figure that one out...
« Reply #28 on: Aug 02, 2010, 02:15 PM »
Awesome kit. It looks great as it is.  Changing your vest is your option.
.'ggram is its own personalitly. Its the 'flaws' that give it life. ehh if that makes any sense.:-D

Gabrin Kinoda

• House Manager, Ohld Vart's So. Beach LadyBoy Revue
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #29 on: Aug 02, 2010, 03:14 PM »
I feel it lacks the "walked off the set" look.  It looks very well made but aside from the helmet and shape of the armor plates, it doesn't say "Mando" to me.

If you're talking "walked off the set," I think that's where it excels. It's very "Movie Mando" to me, and that's the thing that I like about it. I think if Hollywood were going to make a Mando movie for the masses, this is totally what the female lead(s) would look like. Kudos, Vhe!   ;D

------------

Council Advisor, 2007-2012

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!